I've grown too attached with living with them, and their affection that was present everyday when I woke up. Now I was gonna be waking up to nothing, and that hurt me more than ever.

"Oh, Joslyn. Don't cry. This is your day, sweetheart! Smile!"

I looked at her through my tears, and shook my head. "I can't."

She giggled and hugged me tighter. "You can always come visit. You know that. How about soon, I'll call you and we schedule you a day to fly down here for a week or so?"

I nod, "I'd love that grandma."

"Good." She kissed my cheek, and held me out in front of her. "Be good."

"I will."

She walked to the passenger side of the car to get inside where grandpa was already in the driver's seat.

I wiped my tears, as they slowly began to back out of the drive way.

"Bye!" I yell.

They wave, smile, and blow kisses before they take off down the street.

I walk up the driveway, and go to the mailbox to see if I had anymore college offers.

Seeing that most of the envelopes contain Justin and Valerie Meyers, I toss them to the floor in the house.

I would pick them up later.

I stopped at one that had my name. Realizing that this was not a letter from Mom or Dad because the envelope was blue and yellow.

I opened it up, and read the following.

Dear Joslyn Meyers

   You cordially have been invited to the 2016 NBA's Rookie Party Celebration June 14th at 8:00PM.

Hope you can make it.

Call me for more information.

      -Klay Thompson

And below was his number.

I tilted my head in confusion, and bit my lip.

NBA's Rookie Party Celebration?

Is that like a party for all of the NBA Drafts?

Well, I had a question, so I dialed Klay's number.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Klay?"

"Yes. Who is this speaking?"

"Joslyn."

"Oh! Hi Joslyn! What's up? Long time, no see."

"Yeah, nothing. Just getting home from my graduation and seen your invitation."

"Wow first and foremost, congratulations. Second, I'm assuming you had questions?"

"Thank you, and yes! Is this for the NBA Drafts?"

"No problem, and sure is. There's always a party to congratulate them and most of the players from all teams come to Los Angeles to do so. It's fun, and we are allowed to invite anyone, we wanted. I invited you."

"Hahaha, why'd you do that? Am I like your 'date' or something?"

"Joslyn, you can be whatever you want, but I suggest you come as my friend because I wouldn't want Stephen to whoop my ass."

All of a sudden, my heart sped up.

Completely forgot that Stephen would be there, so what could that mean for me?

Questions and questions, I could only find out if I went.

"Yeah, that's probably the best bet. Ha..ha."

".... You're okay with going knowing that Stephen will be there, right?"

"Right."

"Right ooonn. I will send in your ticket soon, and we'll fly to Los Angeles together the 14th at noon."

"Okay, sounds great! Thank you Klay for inviting me. It'll be a great start to my summer."

"Aye no problem. You deserve it. I'll talk to you soon."

"Cool, bye!"

"Deuces."

I chuckled at Klay after I hung up.

"Deuces." I said to myself as I started walking up stairs, and laughed. "Deuces."

"I can still hear you!" I hear a muffled voice.

I took my phone out of my pocket and seen that I actually didn't hang up on him. And mentally facepalmed myself.

"Hahahahahaha, sorry bye Klay!"

I made sure I pressed the end button 50 times before it disappeared, and laughed harder to myself.

*************************

Vote & Comment. xo

-Draycee