Ch. 24

Joslyn Meyers

"I totally overreacted, Joslyn. You don't have to explain yourself to me. You were right, and some things are just not meant to be told. It's totally understandable. I'm so sorry."

Tinley's sincerity warmed my heart.
I smiled at her.

She returned the smile and looked at her lap, "I was just upset that Flynn knew before me, and I was stuck on the fact of us telling each other everything."

"Flynn finding out was not planned, whatsoever. I wasn't going to keep it from you forever, Tin. I was waiting for the right time." I explained.

She held her hand up, "It's okay. I understand. And everything that I said, I take it all back. What I said was ruthless, careless, hurtful, and..you should hate me for what I said. You don't know how much shame I put on myself for saying those things to you. Who wants to hear that when they just broke up with basically their boyfriend? I am so sorry, Joslyn."

I shrugged, "You were upset, but some of the things you said were most likely right. As much as I hate to admit it."

Tears formed on the bridges of my eyes.

Tinley's hand grabbed mine, "Don't cry, please."

I smiled as the tears flooded my eye sockets, and shook my head, "I was dumb with trusting him in the first place. You were right."

She comforted me in a hug as my silent tears turned into sobbing.
I didn't know what to do.
I was so hurt by Stephen that words couldn't even explain, and as much as Tinley denies it; she was right.
At the end of the day, would Stephen honestly give up everything that he has to be with me?

The answer is no.

Once again, trusting my heart instead of my instincts had got me into a situation I couldn't get myself out of. I had to live with the fact that I was unconditionally in love with a married man, that I could not be with.

I wanted to respond to him, but I knew that wasn't the best decision.
I just continued to ignore him as if I never met him.

"Are you okay?" Tinley questions me, wiping the tears away once I lifted my head from her shoulder.

I chuckled, and nodded, "Yeah, I'll be okay. Just realizing the reality has got me on edge."

Tinley's sympathetic smile, faded into a guilty frown. "I'm sorry for saying that."

"You were right, Tinley. You were right."

_

Stephen Curry

I took a sip of the tea that my mother made me, nervously, while she talked about her day.

I told her that I needed to talk with her, so I flew up to North Carolina as soon as possible.
I'm now sitting in the kitchen that I grew up in, while my father was out.