Ch. 1

Joslyn Meyers

"Should I get the jersey or the T-shirt?" I asked, holding up each of them on the hanger.

Tinley cupped her chin, adverting her eyes between the two, "They're both cute..Does the T-shirt have his last name and number on the back?"

I double checked, "Yes."

"T-shirt." She said with no hesitation, looking down at her phone.

We were currently out shopping early this morning for things to wear to the game tonight. We were going to go all out for the Warriors.

"I'm getting both!" I declare, laying them onto my arm and walking towards the socks.

Tinley looked up from her phone, and opened her mouth getting ready to protest against me, like always.

"You know what? Never mind." She smiled. "Do you."

I grin, "Thank you. You're happy with your Shaun Livingston jersey, let me be happy with both of my Curry items."

"Touché." She says, picking out yellow Elite socks to go with her jersey.
I picked out knee high white socks that had yellow and blue stripes going around the top, just like Soccer socks.

We were satisfied with our items, and set them next to the cash register to get them scanned.

"Warriors fans, huh?" The worker asked, scanning the jersey.

Tinley faked a smile, "How'd you know?" She asked sarcastically.

I smiled at her comment, and looked at the worker as he squinted his eyes at Tinley.

"Lucky guess."

I chuckled, and handed him the desired cash he told me, shortly afterwards his comment. I grabbed the bag.

The worker smiled, "Hey, you two have a good day."

"Thanks. You also.." I replied. Tinley, threw up a little wave and kept it moving.

Once we were out of earshot, Tinley rolled her eyes out of annoyance.

"We got a pile of Golden State stuff and he asks if we're fans." She says, looking at me. Then smiles brightly, "Oh no! We just bought them just to waste our money. But don't worry, we're not fans of them or anything."

I laugh, and nudge her, "Stop it! He was doing his job and sparking a conversation."

"He didn't have to ask an obvious question. How about, how's your day? Or is that too obvious too?"

I shook my head.
Tinley was much of a smartass and always sarcastic. Many people called her an asshole but the thing with Tinley is you have to think before you speak while talking to her. If you say or ask something stupid, she's calling you out with a sarcastic comment. It's just how she is, and it kills me. Other than that though, she was totally cool.

We walked to the food court, and found a seat at a booth. Tinley and I agreed on a meal at Taco Bell, so being the kind friend that she was, she went to go order our food while I sat comfortably.

I pulled out my phone to scroll through my Twitter timeline, immediately popping up was a tweet that Stephen Curry posted before every game.

"Lock in! #DubNation"

I pressed RT and continued scrolling, jumping in the process from the feeling of two hands squeezing my sides.
Whoever just did this, I have to know personally because I'm tickilish on my sides and I don't tell many people that.