Ch. 35

JOSLYN MEYERS

Have you ever been at a point in your life where you feel numb?
Not physically.

Emotionally.

So numb that you can't cry.

So numb that you can't even think straight.

So numb that anything anyone says to you from now on, does not makes one sense.

You have so many emotions run wild that you barely can tell which is which.

Confused...

Frustrated...

Upset...

Angry...

Confused on what you did to deserve something as bad to put you in this state.

Frustrated on the fact that you cannot think past it, and get the horrific, heart-rending memories from replaying itself over and over.

Upset because your trust had been defined as a game between you and someone oh so special, now you're questioning if their intentions were plastic the entire time.

Angry because you gave your all, and in return received something so much more worse than a cut, a sprained ligament, a fractured bone, and a blow to the head...
A broken heart..

"Joslyn, get up!" I hear Tinley's yell.
The sun rays that got exposed into the room, made my eyes burn miraculously.
I shut them tight, and pull the cover over my head quickly, groaning in disapproval.

"Oh, no you don't!" She exclaims.
I hear her footsteps approaching me, and then stop at the end of the bed.

All of a sudden, my blanket is ripped off of my warm, comforted body.

I ball up, covering myself from the cold breeze that was now present. "Tiiinnleyyy.."

"Tiiinnleyyy my ass. Get up, Joslyn! You've been out of it for five days, you need to get it moving. You've been missing school as well, and I'm not letting it happen anymore." Tinley's says sternly.

I glare up at her

Tinley raises her eyebrow, "Give me dirty looks all you want."

I roll over and sigh looking at the time, and seeing that it was 7:34 A.M. I had 56 minutes to get to school on time.

"Look, I know....what Stephen had done to you was terrible. I know it has affected you to where you feel like you can't function, and I want to choke him until he's dead just for you. But I've been babying you, and letting you stay in my guest room just so you wouldn't have to bare staying at the house by yourself, but I cannot baby you anymore or else you're gonna be like this for awhile. So here I am, being the responsible friend and forcing you to get up, and get. It. Together."

I sit up and sigh. "So I have to go home?"

Tinley smiles warmly, "No, but I'm done babying you. Just know eventually you'll have to go. Not because you're overdoing your stay, because you know you're welcomed here as long as you want, but because you're better than that."

She was right.
As much as i hate to admit it right now.
I wish I could just lay in bed for the rest of my life, but I had a senior year to complete.

Good thing Momma Gannon had work in the morning, or I'd be getting this lecture but even worse.

I've been avoiding staying home because being there just makes me replay everything that happened. Im all by myself there as well , and it made me feel ultimately alone.
I blocked Stephen from texting me or calling me before he even had a chance to do any. I want no contact with him whatsoever because I can already bet that he'll be hitting me up realizing he made a terrible decision and wanting me back.

He'll never be getting me back.

I never knew how much pain came with dating an NBA star, let alone, the most popular now.
Now I won't even ever have to experience that hurt again. I'm through with dating until I find my true identity, and am on track to my future. I honestly don't need the distractions.

I'm glad that it did happen though, because it made me realize that it was gonna happen anyways. Not the Ayesha part, but me separating myself from Stephen to focus directly on my future without any distractions.
If we would have stayed together, all of the distractions would be him, going to his games, flying out of state, our relationship going public and dealing with press, paparazzi, and major haters.

It's already too much thinking about it.

So this was bond to happen. I guess I can accept that naturally somehow.

-

STEPHEN CURRY

I slammed my phone down on the counter, and sighed.

"There's no way she's just letting all of your calls ring through like this." Klay states.

I scratch my chin, "I know. Something tells me she blocked me.."

"Maybe."

I groan loudly.

I was stressing majorly.
After the incident, I dropped Ayesha off at the hotel and I didn't even say goodbye. I was so done with her, I would be filing a restraining order, and fighting for custody of Riley and our upcoming child.

J

oslyn on the other end, clearly didn't see past my fake act. She wasn't answering any of my calls, and she hasn't been home at all. I've went by everyday to try and talk to her to let her know that everything was an act and set up.
I couldn't even do that because I couldn't get a hold of her, and the longer I don't get ahold of her, the longer she'll think I actually hate her.
I couldn't imagine the pain she has right now.

I feel terrible.

"She'll show up, Steph. Be cool."

I glared at Klay. "Be cool? I've been being cool for five fucking days. I haven't heard shit from my baby or seen her once. Im worried sick!"

"You want me to try and stop by her house? Get her to talk to you?" He asks.

I thought about it intensely, and maybe she would be more likely to talk to Klay than me.
Klay smiles small at me awaiting for my answer.
I chuckle, and nod slowly

"Yes please. That'd actually be... great..." I respond.

Klay stands up, "Okay give me her address, and I got you after my workout."

I look at him, "Yes, working out at 10 AM."

"Always good too." He winks.

I really hope he doesn't mess up.
I just want Joslyn back in my arms.