Ch. 16

Joslyn Meyers

My face flushed with embarrassment, and my heart beat sped up at the sight of my parents. They both stared Stephen and I down, with crossed arms until one of answered their question. I looked at Steph, and his green eyes looked back at me with the same expression.

Lost.

I scratched the back of my head, and then held my wrist, leaning back and forth.

"We are still here. I'll try asking again, what is this?" My mother asked pointing to the two of us.

We both hesitated again, looking at each other as if we were both thinking the same thing. You say something first.
But we all knew, Steph was not going to do that, so I guess I had to.

I opened my mouth, "A...really strong friendship?"

"Wait, so making out is how you kids define strong friendships, now days?"

I look around, and nod.

She stares at me, then looks at my father. "Joslyn, you must think I'm stupid.'

I look down.

"What are you doing kissing my seventeen year old daughter? Aren't you like twenty-eight? I can call the police on you." My mother snaps, pointing a finger at him.

I step in front of him, "You will not call the police on him. We are fully aware that I'm a minor compared to him and we know the consequences, but it's not going to stop us."

My mom glares at me, "Let him talk."

I shoot her daggers, and then turn around to give Steph a sympathy look. He reassures it with a smile.
"Mrs. Meyers, I am indeed twenty-eight and I am aware that Joslyn is seventeen. We had met a month ago, and have been getting to know one another very well over the course of that time. I have grown an interest in her, and she has as well. Kissing each other is the only way we show affection towards each other, other than hugging, ma'am. I did not mean any disrespect by doing it in your home. I apologize."

My mom looks him up and down, "And you're married?" She questions, pointing to his finger.
I mentally facepalm myself.

He nods, "I'm not going to disrespect you. Yes."

My father then steps forward, "You are kissing my daughter, when you have a wife? You're cheating on your wife, son, with a kid. Do you know how cowardly that looks?"

"Dad, I am not a kid. That vocab word can leave the presence of me when I'm near." I suggest.

He looks at me and back at Steph. Stephen clears his throat, but I cut Stephen off.

"By the way, no matter how wrong, what he is doing is, you are not going to insult him."

My parents glance at me, "Giselle, let the man speak for himself."

"Yes, I am cheating on my wife and I am not saying in a proud, bragging manner. It is very cowardly, I agree, but trust me when I say I didn't ask for this to happen. At the moment, and still the moment, my wife and I are having troubles communicating with each other without arguing. Joslyn, has helped through it a lot which is why I like her so much. Yes, she may be seventeen and still a kid to you, but to me she is not. She is a strong and mature young lady. She acts way more mature than her actual age, and thats what I'm so attracted to. Also, she's beautiful but that's a bonus for me. You two did a tremendous job of raising Joslyn, and I salute you." He explained.