Ch. 37

STEPHEN CURRY

SIX MONTHS LATER..

Walking into my home, I was greeted by my little twin hugging at my legs. Her green eyes twinkled up at me in excitement.

"Hi daddy!"

I set my basketball bag down by the door, and picked her up, "Hi Riles. How are you?"

"I'm good, daddy. I played on the swings today! It was fun!" She says.

I raise my eyebrows, and begin walking through the house, "Oh yeah? It was?"

She smiles, "Very!"

I kissed her cheek, admiring her. Her vocabulary was getting better each and everyday. We are at that point where you can understand her 90% of the time. She was going to be 4 in a few months, and that did not sit well with me yet. I felt emotional here and there thinking about it.

"Where's sissy?" I question her.

"Nana is feeding her."

I nod, and walk into my second daughter's nursery to see my mother in the rocking chair, burping her.

Ryan Curry.

My baby girl was born premature 4 pounds 6 ounces, 5 weeks early.

And quite frankly as scared as we all were, the doctors and nurses were so calm because Ryan did very well as a premature. She had trouble breathing obviously, but within the next day, she was breathing well pretty much on her own. They still helped her on a breathing machine, and they also had feeding tubes for her. We couldn't hold our baby for two and a half weeks. After those two weeks, she was breathing very well on her own, and feeding without the tubes. They kept her for one more day to make sure she was healthy enough for the outside world, and she certainly was.

It was the fourth week into her life, and she was in my household doing amazing.

I loved my little peanut. She was so small and fragile, and I even scared myself holding her some days.

She was now 5 pounds 7 ounces, so she was slowly making her way to being at average baby weight. Slowly.

As you could see, I won custody of our children. Ayesha was able to get the girls for two weeks once a month for right now as she's still going through treatments. You would think she'd be finished and fully healthy again, however she wasn't.

Close though.

I still didn't trust her.

Once they cleared Ayesha, she'd be able to keep the girls longer. Riley would be starting school this fall so we'd have to work out the scheduling.

Once I won custody, my mom offered to move here with me to take care of the girls along with the nanny and their help has been tremendously honored.

So my life has been very decent.

I haven't forgot about Joslyn either. Considering our nanny's name is Giselle, it's hard not to think of Joslyn.