Ch. 19

Joslyn Meyers

"Come again?"

A Caucasian woman stepped before the men dressed in a burgandy business suit, with her dark brunette hair pinned in a neat bun. She looked in her mid 40's and had slight wrinkles appearing by the corner of her chocolate colored eyes. The nude color of lipstick planted on her lips, curved upwards into a warm smile.

"Hi Joslyn, I'm Detective Jane Waters." She held her hand out.

I latched onto her hand, giving her a weak, and hesitant handshake. "Hi."

She smiles, "I'm sure you want some answers."

"That would be nice. My home looks trashed."

She nods, "There was a search warrant for some evidence of the credit cards they stolen, and indentities they've stolen. We've come up with a few things, but they are wanted. Your parents are criminals."

I stare at her on disbelief, and my breathing just became heavier and heavier by second.

Detective Jane Waters frowned a little, and turned away from me. After that, the last thing that I seen were running feet on the pavement.

I opened my eyes slowly, seeing a fan going around in circles above me. I furrow my eyebrows, and touch my forehead feeling a damp cloth. I sit up quickly meeting the brown eyes of Flynn.

I sigh, "Flynn.."

I hold my head, and transfer to the next figure I seen, meeting the green eyes of Stephen.

I smile, "Stephen.."

I lay back down slowly, feeling weary but then something just didn't feel right.

Flynn...?

Stephen...?

In the same room.

I jolted upwards, soon regretting it afterwards and cringing deeply.
"W-What are you guys doing together? What happen? And where am I?"

Flynn and Stephen look at each other. Steph smiles, "You go first, bruh."

Flynn faces me, and smirks, "Well, I got a call from a woman named Detective Jane Waters. She told me that you had just passed out after she told you the news about your parents. Considering my contact name said Best Friend, she called it after calling your Grandparents and realizing them being half way across the United States, it wouldn't do any good. So, I came by your house and picked you up, after hearing the guidelines from the Detective. You were responsive, just not all the way back. You are at my house."

Stephen steps forward, "After not getting a respond for about twenty-thirty minutes, I got nervous and called you. Answering was Flynn. We had an awkward conversation after him trying to convince me to tell him who I really was, and why my name in your phone was Stephen Curry. After he told me to Face Time him and prove it, I did. He was stunned, and before you ask, I decided against not telling him that it really wasn't me to save you the lies. If he's your best friend, you can trust him and so can I. He told me his address, and I made an appearance to check up on you. I told him everything."