Ch. 29

Joslyn Meyers

Clinical Depression is what Ayesha was diagnosed with.

According to her parents, she played it off fairly well but Doctors say someone with Clinical Depression tend to do that well, and play the part of a normal, innocent human being.

For now, she's remained in the hospital under suicide watch, and doctors will determine what to do with her sooner or later.

As for Sonya and I, we haven't found Stephen, nor has he picked up his phone.
We're a little worried about him, but we know that he wouldn't ever do anything stupid, out of his league.

At least we hope that he wouldn't.

We decided to call it quits, and just relax for the night until one of us gets a call from him. So, Sonya was going to drop me off at home.

Something that had totally slipped my mind was that, the first day of my senior year was tomorrow and I was emotionally, all around unprepared.
I had no clue what I was wearing, what my hair would look like, how my make up would be, what I was going to eat in the morning, etc.
I'm usually an on track person for school, because it's one thing that I don't slack on or joke around about.
I like to be organized, and unorganized was understatement of how I was at the moment.

It was totally a hectic day, and in all honesty, I wanted to forget about it, go to sleep, and pretend today didn't even happen.
So sad for my hope because that would never happen.

As we neared my home, Sonya broke the comfortable silence.

"Don't try to worry too much about Stephen, tonight and just get some rest." She told me.

"I will try. Hard considering I have school tomorrow. He's gonna be all that I can think about." I admit.

Sonya smiles softly, "Aw, honey. I almost forgot you were 17. Senior?"

I chuckle, "Yes."

"Do you have an idea where you want to go to college?"

"My mom made me apply for a few, but they were none that I wanted. They were majors in nothing that I wanted to major in. Now that she's gone, I can really choose for myself now."

"Oh yeah? What'd she want you to major in?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Dental Surgeon."

"Well what do you want to be, baby?" She asked, pulling into my driveway.

I crossed my arms, and thought for a moment, "Undecided still, but I have been thinking about Massage Therapist. I don't know yet."

Sonya smiles at me, "I could honestly see you as one."

I smile at her, also.

"Don't ever feel rushed, Joslyn. You have a lot of more time than you think to make up your mind. "

"Thank you, Sonya."