Ch. 14

Joslyn Meyers

"Are you sure everything is good with you, boo?" Tinley asked as she gathered her things together.

I nod. She could notice my mood shifting from what it usually was, and she was trying to get it out of me. Like I could actually be like, Stephen, basically my boyfriend, is out with Ayesha doing God knows what when he said that they weren't.

No.

"Yeah, Tin. I'll be cool." I smile.
I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, and I pull it out to see it was Steph calling me for the 60th time today. I hit end, and sent him a text.

To: Stephen Curry❤

Stop calling me now!

I set my phone on the counter, and face Tinley. She looks up at me, and smiles.
"Alright, then. I miss you!"

"I miss you !" I boast.

She nods, "Alright. I'm out..."

She began walking out, but then stopped. "Wait, my charger."
She turned around to jog back to the counter to unplug her charger. While she did so, my phone began to vibrate which was at the end of the counter. She looked over at it.

"You're phone is-"

I ran over, laid on top of my phone quickly to cover the top of my phone, since she began walking towards it. She stopped talking at stared at me awkwardly.

"-ringing.. What was that?" She finishes.

I look at my phone and seen it was Stephen calling.

"My parents."

She lifts an eyebrow, "You did all of that to cover up that your parents were calling?" She said in a statement for than a question.

I nodded, "I got nervous."

She nodded also, and turned around slowly, "Okay, weirdo. Might want to answer that."

I slide answer, "Hello?"

"Oh my god, Joslyn! Baby, I'm outside, can I please talk to you?"

My heart dropped, "Oh, mom! Tinley is leaving right now, out the front door!"

"What'd you say?" I heard him whisper. There was a lot of static, and the call ended.

What the hell?

She turned around, "Tell her I said hi!"

I look at the phone, "She hung up."

Tinley shrugged and started for the door. I darted towards her, and closed it putting my back up against it. She jumped back and wrinkled her nose.