Ch. 27

S/o to Trxnity for her comments
They make me smile, lol.
Much love, enjoy.xo

Chapter is dedicated to you, baby.

Vote & Comment.
-Draycee

__________________________

Joslyn Meyers

"Stephen, I'm here waiting for you and Joslyn, where are you?" The sound of Sonya Curry's voice boasted through the phone.

"Hi Mrs. Curry, it's Joslyn!" I spoke.

A moment of silence occurred, which I'm taking as if she was caught off guard, "Oh, hi Joslyn! What's happening?"

"Um, Stephen said you got to meet us at the hospital as soon as possible." I looked back at Riley who was sitting in her car seat staring at me, as if she were observing me. "Ayesha was unresponsive after taking multiple Morphine pills, they think it was a suicide attempt."

I heard her gasp, "Oh my gosh! Is she dead?!"

"I don't know, I have no clue. Stephen was crying, and said there was no pulse. He told me to get to the hospital before the ambulance arrived."

I heard her on the other end whispering things to herself, "Okay, thank you baby. I'm on my way now, see you when I get there."

"Oka-"

"-Where's Riley?"

"I have her in the backseat. She's calm and collective, but she's smart enough to realize something isn't right." I explained.

"Oh Jesus. Just continue to tell her that her mommy is okay, okay?"

I nod, and smile back at Riley, as she returns a smile, "Way ahead of you, Mrs. Curry."

"Okay, good. See you in a little."

I hit end, and continue to drive my way to the hospital, with the vision of Ayesha lying lifeless on the bed popping in my head continually.
I've never experienced someone in that state, so it's taking a toll on me slowly, but surely.
All I can think is, Why?

Why would she try to kill herself when she has another human being inside of her? When she has a daughter that looks up to her?
Why?

I try to think really hard to why, and the only thing I can come up with is because of the divorce.
Stephen told me that his mom talked to her, and everything went well, but that's the only reason I can come up with.

I can't help but feel a pity in my stomach, a load of guilt burden inside of me.
I know it's not all about me, but Stephen divorces her to be with me.