Ch. 23

Stephen Curry

I bricked my three, for probably the thirtieth time today, and finally called it quits.

I couldn't focus in practice at all, and there was no way I was going to be able to until Joslyn talked to me.
It's been five days since the incident, and not a word has been peeped from her.
She's been reading my texts messages, and not responding. She's been sending my calls directly to voicemail. She hasn't posted anything on Instagram, on Twitter, nothing.

I have to admit, I went to her house twice out of the five days, banging on the door, begging for her to let me in.
She didn't even bother to tell me to go away.
She's ignoring me like I'm literally invisible.

I don't know what to do anymore.
I'm officially the definition of lost.
Physically and mentally.

I'm hurt.
Physically and mentally.

My world is in whirls, and I'm confused on where to go next.
I don't know why it is I'm so attached to Joslyn, but I am, and I feel as if I always will be.

I know, I cheated on my wife and that is probably the most downright, disgusting thing I could have ever done, and I put shame on myself sometimes for doing that to her.
But, I don't regret it.
See, I have brought up the fact that Ayesha and I were going through a rough patch, multiple times as an excuse to why I cheated, but it's not much of an excuse. It's honestly the reason why.
Don't get me wrong, I love Ayesha, and I still do. She was my first love, and I thought she'd be my last. I bought her an engagment ring, and then a wedding ring. We had a huge, beautiful wedding. She gave birth to my first child, and she'll be doing the same for my second. I love her.

But, things aren't just the same anymore.

Have you ever heard of when finally you get everything you want from a person, your mood or actions change towards that person?
That's how it is for Ayesha.
The way she used to be, so loving, so sweet, so gentle, so grateful. She's not like that anymore, and it kills me.
I got together with her because of the way she loved life, and loved me.

Sure, she says she loves me.
Maybe not like she used to.

However, it's just not there anymore.
She became more snobbier, controlling, rude, and blunt towards me.
When I'd show up from practice with a dozen of roses, who attacked me with hugs and kisses?
Ayesha.

Now, if we go back a few months ago, and I brought back a dozen of roses, her reaction to it would be, "Oh, more roses? Thanks."

And I know that because she's done it before.
All the things she did to get me to love her, she no longer does it.

Soon, I began to do the same as her, and that's when it lead to nagging, arguing, bickering back and forth all of the time.
My love for her would just slowly fade because she wasn't the Ayesha that Ivhad fell in love with.
Some people may never understand or side with me on this one, but put yourself in the predicament I was in, then meet someone who is just beautiful, and down to earth inside and out.
Joslyn.
My intentions were never to cheat, but something drawled me to her with no hesitation. As I gotten to know her more and more, I just fell for her even more.
Her personality was gold and her intention of things were beautiful. Her smile was platinum, and her style was sensational. To me.