Ch. 6

Joslyn Meyers

Stephen and I ate our food peacefully after laughing our asses off at the stories we shared with each other. He told me about a time when him, his friends, and brothers went ding dong ditching late at night. He said how he tripped over nothing while running, and had to hide underneath a car because the people walked outside looking down a street looking for them. After he met back with his crew, they made fun of him for tripping over nothing. When they'd watch a scary movie, and the girl would be running away from the killer and trip they'd say, There goes Steph.
I probably haven't laughed that hard in a minute, and it was good to have a good laugh with him. He's actually a really funny guy.

I leaned back in my chair after finishing my meal shortly after Stephen. I smiled whole-heartily at him, since the meal was so delicious.

"Thank you for this. It was soo good!" I told him.

He nodded, "The pleasure was all mine, Joslyn."

I stood up, "Excuse me, while I go use the bathroom."

After excusing myself, I walked to the bathroom to let free my contents.
I was surely enjoying my dinner with Stephen, and I never wanted the night to end, but sadly I had to get home soon, just because that's my best bet. Plus, I'm sure Steph had to get home as well to his wife and daughter.

Stepping out of the bathroom after washing my hands, I immediately halted at the sight before me.

The city view of San Francisco.

Stephen had opened the curtains to the humongous window that showed damn near the entire city and its city lights. If you asked me something that's beautiful? I'd say a city's lights at night time, because it is. It calms me just by staring at it.
I touched the glass window, humming quietly in satisfaction, and smiling softly at the sight.

"So beautiful.." I said to myself.

"You are..."

Stephen's words traveled right into my left ear, and his breath trickled down my neck classifying he was directly behind me. It caused goosebumps to appear all over my body, as well as the hairs on the back of my neck to stand.
I closed my eyes the exact same time his hands rested on my hips. I bit my lip to contain my screams.

This wasn't happening and this was all a dream.

I reached my hand to my other wrist and pinched myself hard to wake myself up. Only to open my eyes and see reality.
Of all things I could be feeling right now, I felt guilt. Why? Stephen has a family, and he is taken, as in, married. The last thing I'd ever want to be was a homewrecker and I could easily be that if I let this carry on.

That was not about to happen.

"Stephen.." I say, turning around to face him.

Seeing the worry in my eyes, he turned the small, comfortable smile he had planted on his lips, upside down. "Yeah?"

I look down, "You have a wife..You cannot do this.." I whisper.

"Honestly, I don't want it to be that way anymore. Husband and Wife cannot be a title if its just not there anymore."

I furrow my eyebrows, "Oh no, its there. That's the reason you two married in the first place. All because you had a serious connection and a major spark between one another. It can't just go away..All you two have to do is work your way through it."