Ch. 31

Three weeks.

Three weeks since the incident with Ayesha.
Three weeks since Ayesha's parents took her to North Carolina.
Three weeks since the divorce papers been filled out.
&Three weeks since Joslyn started her Senior year.

All had been running smoothly, and things had been pretty much back to normal on Joslyn's part.

As of now, the couple were communicating over the phone while Joslyn rested at home scrolling on her laptop, doing her research paper for her college class, while Stephen was walking into the Oracle Arena to get ready for preseason scrimmage. Cameras flashed, and paparazzi hollered for his attention, but he was too wrapped up in hearing his girlfriend's voice.

Joslyn typed on her laptop fatherly fast as she held her phone between her shoulder and ear, smiling ear to ear listening to Stephen.

"I'm back on track. I was in such a slump for awhile, but I'm starting to feel more like myself again." He says.

Joslyn nods, "Good. They don't need the MVP acting up, now."

He laughs, "Yeah, I have to carry the title much stronger this year. No slip ups."

"That's right, baby."

Stephen waved over to a few security guards at the Arena before slinging his bag more onto his shoulder. "How are you typing a paper and talking to me right now?"

The brown skinned girl, chuckled, "I'm one Hell of a multi-tasker."

"No errors?"

"No errors." She confirmed.

Steph blushed, "Well why don't you look at my hardworking baby girl."

He heard her giggle on the other hand, "That would be me."

"It certainly would." Steph agreed.

Joslyn stopped typing to sit up straight, and grab onto her phone excitedly, "So babe, I'm ready to come to another game!"

Steph smiles, "I'm ready for you too. Our first preseason game is in a week in a half against the Spurs. It's here, so I got you.."

Joslyn leaned back into her bed, closing her eyes, "You got me? Let's not forget what else is in a week and a half.."

"Always. But what?"

Joslyn frowned, "Really..?"

Stephen began to laugh, "How could I forget your birthday? I am currently waiting for your gift to arrive."

Joslyn held her heart, "Oh my gosh. Queen Joslyn will be turning 18, but the only gift that I am honestly waiting for, is to be public with you. I will be legal."

Steph smirked, "How do you want it? Instagram post or live?"

Joslyn's heart jumped, "Ooh, live how?"

"Our first kiss at the preseason game afterwards?" He smiles.

She hums, "Spontaneous.. I like it."

"Okay. We will definitely talk more about it soon, but I'm going to start getting ready though. Definitely will be calling you to let you know how it went afterwards." Stephen begins to wrap up.

Joslyn, wanting to talk to Wardl just a little longer, sighs, and nods understandingly, "Okay. I love you."

"I love you."

______________________________

Ayesha Curry