Ch. 21

August 23rd, 2015

Ayesha Curry

Still silent, still confused, and still contemplating.

Too much has occurred to me in the last three weeks, and it only being one thing.
Stephen hasn't even bothered to notice. I think he enjoys this quiet side to me, which sucks because now is the time that I really need him. For reasons that I didn't know would happen again. For reasons no one could understand but a female. And for reasons I can't even wrap my head around correctly. My mood was scattered all over the place.

I did think Stephen is cheating, now that the woman's name had been revealed under his name. I haven't said a word about it. Yet, I was so angered about it, I was too scared to address it. I definitely wasn't ready to lose him.

Stephen walked through that door, and like every time that he did, my heart would skip a beat at the thought of him with that Joslyn, girl. Which was most likely true.
All I wanted was for him to show me he still cared for me to be at ease. That's all.

With so much on my mind, so many questions, I blurted out the first question that came to mind, subconsciously.
"Do you still love me?"

Stephen set his bag down slowly, "Yeah...?"

I look down, "Like, really love me? Love me like you loved me when you married me."

He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Please, be honest." I add.

"I mean, I still love you. But the major love I used to have for you just isn't there anymore. It isn't there for the both of us. You can't sit here and tell me you still have the same love for me as you used to. You can't."

I frown, "But I can, because I do."

He raised his eyebrows, "Bullshit."

"Bull not, Wardell. I do. No matter how many times we have argued, I have never stopped."

"Well I guess that makes sense because you're not the one getting nagged at for no reason all the time. I'm not the one picking fights just because, so I see why." He explained.

I walk towards him, "That's not true."

He squints his eyes. "You admitted that you have before, Ayesha. Don't do that."

I throw my hands up, "I apologized!"

"And you still do it, so that apology was pointless."

"What are you trying to say? You want out?"

He shakes his head, "I don't know. For the benefit of Riley, I don't know the turn out."

I pierce my lips, I had to hold it in just a little bit longer. "Why would you want out?"

"I'm not happy with you, Ayesha!"

"I'm pregnant!"

Stephen stops everything that he does, and looks at me, "Don't do that."