Ch. 17

Stephen Curry

I just told Joslyn that I love her. After multiple weeks of trying to hold myself back from saying, I finally did. It was a good time because this girl had completely lost it I'm there with her parents. Completely.
I never knew she felt that way because she would always change the subject if parents got brought up in a conversation. I see why, now. Just hearing her so hurt like that, almost made me break down with her. Hearing her say she never had someone truly love her and show true affection, like her parents should have been doing, just broke my heart. Someone as amazing, beautiful, and kindhearted as Joslyn deserves endless love for years and years, til' she dies and even after she dies. I wanted to be that person, because she sure in Hell as not been receiving it from her flesh in blood, from the two people that are supposed to be the most important in a child's life.

I really, really wanted to be that person for Joslyn, God, how I really want to.

She is such a strong young lady, and seeing her cry for the first time is almost insane. She never cried. She never cried during movies that she made me watch such as, The Fault in Our Stars, The Longest Ride, The Best of Me, Dear John Or none of those sad chick flicks. She may have gotten sad, but never cried.

Saying I love you, was a big risk right now. Its only be a month and a half, but right now it's necessary.

She sniffles and smiles, "Thanks, I always knew you loved me. I love you too."

I furrow my eyebrows, and hold her chin up, "No, Joslyn. I don't think you get it. I love you."

Her eyes stared up at me in confusion.

"Like a boyfriend loves a girlfriend. That's how I love you. I'm in love with you, is that better?"

She smiles and shakes her head, "No you don't."
She sits up, smiling and shaking her head some more as I stared at her longer. Once she caught the seriousness in my eyes, she frowned a little.

"You're serious."

I nod slowly, "Yeah, as heart attack."

She holds her head, and looks down at her lap.
"Don't cry, Joslyn. Don't cry.."

"Why would you cry, baby?"

"You love me!" She exclaims.

I laugh. "Yes."

She grabs my hands, "No, like you really really love me. How?"

Honestly, her is how. "You being true to you, and never switching up on me."

Her lips attack mine, in a passionate kiss. I couldn't help but smile in the kiss. She was so cute to me, like a little kid who just opened a present on Christmas morning.