Ch. 28

Stephen Curry

My heart was beating fast, and it seemed as if it was the only thing I could hear as the moment passed by in slow motion.
I held my head in utter disbelief, as I paced back and forth.

It wasn't functioning in my head at all, and now it caused an unbearable headache.

Somebody, please pull out the cameras and tell me I'm being Punk'd.
Pinch me extra hard on my arm, and tell me I'm just dreaming.

Is it April? Shit... Somebody pop out and say September Fools because this is all just a horrible joke.

"Stephen?"

I opened my eyes, and lifted my head up to look at her.
Then, all of a sudden, rage came over me.

I flipped out.

"Ayesha, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you know how you made me feel finding you literally unconscious and unresponsive this morning?! I was scared for my fucking life, and I was scared for our child inside your damn body! You and the baby barely made it! And you did this all for a damn divorce, who the hell does that? Seriously! Are you stupid? There honestly might be something mentally wrong with you, you are very unstable, and that gives me another great reason to divorce you. You do not need me. You need help. You're disgusting for putting yourself in such a predicament like this, and you're also selfish because if you would have died, it would have all been for no reason. All these people that love and care for you, and you just take your life singlehandedly like that is wrong! I'm seriously so disappointed and enraged with you that I don't even want to talk to you anymore. I don't trust you with our kids, I don't trust you by yourself, I don't trust you at all. I just don't understand how you went from such a beautiful personality, with the heart of Gold, to a fucking moody, psychopathic suicide attempter. How? I will never understand."

I took a deep breath after my outburst.
I just got everything off of my chest, and at the moment, I didn't care if what I said was wrong, or hurt her feelings.
She needed to hear it, regardless of any worries.

I put my hands on my hips, and stared at Ayesha's emotionless face.

She was pale.
She stared straight ahead.
She didn't even budge.

Looking at her in that state made me feel so vulnerable.
I couldn't help but form tears in my eyes.

It hurt so bad to watch someone you used to love with everything in you, not even be the same person you fell in love with in the first place.

Not even close.

I walked towards the door of the hospital room, and when I stretched my hand out towards the door knob, the voice of Ayesha, spoke.

"Remember I did this for you because I love you."