Cold Hearted

Dean x Reader

Synopsis: Dean breaks things off with you, and you leave in a huff, walking right into a  trap.

"Don't do this Dean." You whispered, holding onto the chair in front of you as if it was your life support.

"Dean, I don't think..." Sam started to speak up on your behalf, but Dean sent him a deadly glare.

The two exchanged a glance, silently communicating, before Sam sighed. Giving you a soft smile that didn't quite reach his eyes, he turned and left the main room, and your shoulders slumped, knowing you were on your own.

"Y/N, there is no other choice." Dean told you, his voice calm, his eyes looking everywhere but your way. You held back a sob, your heart breaking at the thought that the man you loved more than anything didn't even care enough to glance your way.

"Dean, we can make this work. I know we can." You all but sobbed.

"No we can't! Why can't you see that!" He yelled, the first emotion he had shown you that night, before returning back to his calmed state. "I don't want to make this work. It's over for me. Now don't make yourself any more pathetic. Please."

You recoiled at his words. You hadn't thought you were being pathetic. After all, you were just trying to stay here, with your fiancee. "Dean, you're not being fair. Now please, can we talk about this?"

He slammed his beer down on the table. "There is nothing to talk about. I'm taking my proposal back. I made a mistake. I've decided I don't want you, or need you in my life anymore. I don't love you anymore, maybe never did." He said, each word like a knife, digging into your heart.

"Okay. If that's what you really want." You answered him softly, knowing that once Dean made up his mind there was no way to change it. "But don't come crawling back to me when you realized what a huge mess your making."

He picked his beer back up, taking a long swig before staring down at you. "Oh, you don't have to worry about that. I'm just trying to clean up the mess I had already made."

You looked at your hand, at the simple band that Dean had given you, one that had held more hope and promise than anything else in your life ever had. With a sob, you slipped it off, setting it down on the table. "There, I hope that makes you happy."

He nodded, his face still impassive. "That's better. But now, you need to leave." He said, and your head shot up. You hadn't expected him to kick you out of the bunker too. But what could you expect, it would have been awkward, the two of you still living under the same roof together.

"Dean, I don't know what's come over you, but you didn't use to be this cold hearted. Maybe it's a good thing we are ending things now." You said, trying to stay calm, but inside you were shaking, still in disbelief that this was over.

"Get your stuff. One of us can drop you off in town." He said, before turning and leaving you alone in the library.

You wanted to sink down in a chair, and curl in on yourself, letting the tears you had been holding back, fall. But you steeled yourself, wanting this to get over with as soon as possible, before he could say anything else to hurt you, to break your heart even more.

You made your way into the room you shared with Dean, gasping as you saw all your stuff already packed and waiting for you on the bed. Slowly picking them up, you glanced around the room. A room you had so many wonderful memories of, knowing this would be the last time you would ever step foot in it.

You didn't want either brother giving you a pity ride. So instead, you slipped out the front door while they were arguing in the kitchen. You could hear both men, their voices loud and angry as they yelled and smashed things down on the counter. You couldn't make out the words, but it gave you an opportunity to sneak out undetected.

You slipped out the front door, throwing your bags over your shoulder before beginning the long trek to town. As you walked you finally let the tears start falling. You were still in shock over Dean's change of heart. Everything had been perfect, going so well, until the last hunt. You had stayed back, still recovering from a stupid cold, so Sam and Dean had gone on without you. When they returned, they had both been quiet, each lost in their own thoughts. That was until Dean had cornered you in the library, breaking your heart in the process as he said he no longer loved you.

As you walked on, you felt the drip of a raindrop. "Just great." You muttered, the weather matching your mood perfectly. And just like that, the sky opened, and the rain started pouring down. Within moments, you were completely drenched, and shivering.

You heard a car coming up from behind you, and you almost hid among the bushes, waiting to see if it was Dean. But instead of the purr of the Impala, you heard the quiet engine of a newer car. It came right up beside you before stopping, the windows tinted dark enough that you couldn't see inside. You stopped too, a little curious, wondering if maybe they were willing to give you a ride.

The window rolled down, and an older woman, with fine lines covering her face, her once brunette hair now laced with gray, stuck her head towards you. "Are you alright Miss?" She asked, her voice pleasant.

"Not really." You stuttered, knowing you looked a mess. You were soaked, and your eyes were ready and blotchy.

"Can I give you a ride?" She asked sweetly, and you nodded. She unlocked the door, and you threw your stuff in the backseat, before climbing into the front.

"Thank you so much." You told her as she started driving down the road again. "It's just been such a horrible day."

She kept her hands on the steering wheel, but gave you a pitying look. "I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's just. My fiancee just broke up with me, kicking me out of the place, and now it's raining." You told her, your eyes starting to feel with tears again.

"That is a horrible day dear." She agreed with you. "But we will get you to town, and get you nice and warm. Then you can forget all about that horrible Dean."

You agreed with her at first, but then you heard her say Dean's name, and your hunter instincts that had been overshadowed by your grief slowly clicked in. "I never told you my fiance's name." You said.

She turned to look at you. "I know Y/N. But we've been watching for you. You see, we knew Dean would kick you out after what we let drop in his last hunt. It was only a matter of time before you would be limping down this road, licking your wounds."

"What?" You asked, your hand grasping for the door, but it was locked, and you couldn't open it. "You'll all find out eventually." She promised,, and you tried to reach for the small knife you always kept in your boots. But she was faster, and before you could do anything, she had her hand wrapped around your head, smashing it down into the dashboard, and you knew no more.