Till Death Do Us Part

Dean Winchester x Reader
Synopsis: After planning to see your old flame, you fall back in love with him, planning on marrying him. Dean isn't sure this is truly your idea, and thinks you've been cursed. Will he be able to save you in time, and will this bring out confessions from the both of you? This idea is thanks to I-see-tacos

"Y/N? I don't get it. You ended things with the guy a year ago. Why does he want to see you now?" Dean Winchester, your best friend asked, sitting down on your bed as you carefully made up your face.

"Because I want to see what he's up to. I didn't expect a call from him, so the least I can do is listen to him." You explained, tossing your lipstick back onto the dresser.

"And you're getting all dolled up for him." Dean replied, his green eyes turning a shade darker, with an emotion you weren't sure you could name. Dean had been your friend for years, the two of you teaming up to hunt together when Sam had been soulless. The two of you were very close and he knew everything about your previous life. Including your brief, but torrid relationship with Adam.

"I am not getting dolled up just for him, you Ass." You teased Dean, who was used to your name calling. "I just want him to see what he's missing. Is that so bad?" You asked, slipping on a pair of black heeled boots.

Dean looked you up and down, giving you a wolf whistle. "Well, with how you cleaned up, he's gonna be crawling on his knees begging you to take him back." Dean said, and you flushed. He always gave you compliments, but you never believed them to be anything more than friendly flirting.

"You don't have to worry about that. There is no way I'm taking that bastard back. By the way, can you give me a lift?" You asked, pulling on your leather jacket over your red, sleeveless top.

Dean nodded, grabbing his green canvas coat before yelling at Sam. "Hey Sam, I'm driving Y/N to the bar. Don't wait up."

Sam nodded, his attention on the book in front of him. You and Dean left, Dean holding the door of the Impala for you. "Where to miss?" He teased, his hands on the steering wheel.

"The broken spoke." You answered, and he stared at you his mouth slack.

"Seriously? He couldn't even ask to meet you at a nice restaurant?" He asked. "The dick."

"Dean." You warned, placing your hand on his shoulder. "Please just drive me there so we can get this over with." Without another word, Dean turned the Impala on, and drove to town.

The Broken Spoke was a rowdy bar, full of drunk college students, and the usual redneck crowd. Dean climbed out of the car, and you stared at him in confusion.

"What? Can't I go have a drink or two? And I want to keep an eye on you." He explained, his hands in the air.

"Fine, but don't get in the way." You ordered, walking in ahead of him. Glancing around the busy room, you noticed Adam in a booth at the far end. He glanced up at you, and all your thoughts flooded out of your head, with only one thought left, how much you loved him.

Rushing over, you almost jumped into his arms. "Adam, oh my god, I've missed you so much!" You exclaimed, kissing him passionately on the lips, missing the shocked look on Dean's face as he entered the bar a couple of steps behind you.

"Really, you did?" He asked, muttering, "It worked." Under his breath.

"Of course, I can't believe we've been apart this long. What was I thinking? As soon as I saw you, it felt as if a fog had been lifted."

He smiled, his gray eyes scanning your face, as you reached your hand up to twirl it in his chestnut brown hair. He wasn't handsome by any means, but he had a boy next door quality to him. "I am so glad you think that. I was worried you wouldn't be happy to see me."

You shook your head, confusion making your head hurt. You remembered being hesitant about this meeting, not wanting to get back together with him, but then all those thoughts flying away as you saw him. "No I love you. More than anything." You told him, grasping his chin in your hand and kissing him again.

"Let's get out of here." He suggested, and you nodded, eager to go anywhere, as long as it was with him. As you walked to the door, his arm over your shoulder, you felt a hand grasp your wrist.

"Y/N, what's going on?" Dean asked you, and you felt bad. You had forgotten all about Dean.

"We made up, we realized how much we love each other."  You announced, smiling widely up at Adam.

"That was fast." Dean said, his eyes searching your face for clues. "Are you sure? Remember what you said earlier."

Getting annoyed at Dean's prodding, you poked a finger against his chest. "Dean, why can't you be happy for me? I finally found love, what's so bad about that?"

"Why don't you come back home tonight. You can call him in the morning, when you have a clear head." He persisted, and Adam stepped forward.

"Listen, Dean is it? Why can't you listen to what she's saying, she doesn't want to go back with you. She wants to be with me, just like I had planned." He said, catching Dean off guard.

"What the hell do you mean by that?" Dean growled, and Adam took a step back.

"I just meant that I came here, planning on begging her to take me back." Adam back tracked,  before grabbing your hand. "Come on Y/N, let's go."

--------------------------------

Dean's P.O.V.

Slamming the bunker door shut, I bounded down the steps, a permanent scowl etched on my face.

"Woah Dean, what happened. And where's Y/N?" Sam asked, still in the same spot you had left him, sitting in front of his laptop.

Grabbing the decanter of whiskey, I poured myself a generous glass, before plopping down in the seat across from my brother. "She went home with him." I grumbled.

Sam dropped his book, his attention solely on my story. "Wait, I thought the two of you were hanging out. Start at the beginning."

"She went to talk to Adam, and she promised she wasn't going to give him a second chance. But then, we got there and she threw herself all over him."

"So?" Sam said simply.

I glared at him. "So? He's not good enough for her. And it was weird, how much her attitude changed the second she saw him. And he said some weird things."

"So what? You think he spelled her? Or maybe he did a crossroads deal." Sam teased, but I sat upright, my brain working furiously. "Sam, you're right. Of course he did something like that. But now I just have to figure out how to deal with that." I said.

"Hey Dean, I was kidding. Maybe she really does have feelings for this guy." Sam replied, and I could have decked him then and there for those words.

"No, she couldn't." I said, my heart dropping at the thought. She never knew, but I've had feelings for her ever since I'd met her. I just never knew how to tell her.

Sam sighed, running his hands through his hair. "Fine Dean I believe you. What can I do to help?"