Sam's Deepest Desire

Sam Winchester/Reader

Synopsis: You, Sam and Dean are hunting a monster that turns out to be a curse performed by a witch. This curse kills you with who you most desire. What you desire, and what your boyfriend desires might be two different things.

**Warning: This talks a little bit about the monster in the latest episode of Supernatural, and very loosely follows the plot.**

If you had known the hunt was going to end this way, you would have never gone on it. You would rather live in ignorance than with the information you knew now.

It was your normal shifter hunt, or that's what the three of you thought at the beginning. It was Valentines day, or at least the weekend of, and Dean had used it to his advantage while you and Sam had stayed behind at the bunker doing research.

"Are you sure you wouldn't rather be out celebrating Valentines day? I would have taken you out to dinner or something." Sam asked, while the two of you sat around the table in the library.

You smiled up at your boyfriend, loving how considerate he was. The two of you had been together for almost a year now, ever since you had gotten thrown together on a case by Garth. He had shown up, with his long legs and hair, gorgeous hazel eyes, and stolen your heart. After the hunt, he invited you to stay with them, and you quickly agreed.

"I'm sure. I know we need to find Amara, and Valentines day has never really been my thing." You replied.

Sam turned his computer to face you, and you glanced down at the newspaper article he had pulled up. "It's not Amara, but it's definitely a case."

Just then Dean came stumbling in the kitchen, still dressed in last night's clothes, blindly heading for the fridge. Both you and Sam watched in amusement as he opened the fridge door, grabbing left overs.

"Is that a hickey?" Sam chuckled, while Dean spit the food out. You quickly brought him up to snuff on the case, and he went off to shower while the two of you went to your room to pack.

As you slung your bag over your shoulder, Sam grabbed your shoulder, pulling you into his embrace. "I know you said you're not much for Valentines day, but as soon as this case is done, I'm taking you out to dinner." He told you, before capturing your lips with his own. You enjoyed the kiss, nibbling on his lower lip until you heard throat clearing coming from behind you.

"Come on guys, you had all night to celebrate, why wait till now?" Dean teased, and you pulled away from his brother, blushing. The three of you headed to the Impala, where you quickly took off.

-----------------------------------

The trip was uneventful and soon the three of you were setting up base camp in the motel room. "Y/N, why don't you stay here, get a heads up on research while Sam and I go interview the locals?" Dean suggested and you agreed. Interviewing victims families was never fun, and you were glad to be left out of it.

It wasn't until that evening they came back, and you found out more information. "So, we're thinking a shifter?" You asked, confirming the suspicion you had had all along.

"Yep, one that's going after cheating bastards." Dean replied, grabbing a beer.

Sam sat next to you, and you grabbed his hand, intertwining his fingers with yours. "We're going to go back to the house, check out the wife again. You coming?"

"Well I sure hope you won't be checking the wife out." You teased, but you stood up, pulling your coat on.

_________________________________________

Your jaw dropped as the Impala pulled up to the house. It was big, and fancy, and you felt yourself automatically adjusting your clothes as you felt inadequate next to such opulence. You followed Sam and Dean to the front door, and the closer you got, the louder the sound of struggle became. Sam and Dean looked at each other, before breaking into a jog, where they burst the door down. Inside, the wife was running, and when she noticed the three of you standing in the doorway, she ran your way.