Silence Part 2

The next few days were horrible. The silence was deafening, even Sam felt the tension in the air. Dean was horrified that he had done that to you, and was too ashamed of himself to try and make things right. Knowing Dean, he was probably letting the guilt eat him alive.

You, on the other hand, had forgiven Dean that night. You knew it had been the Mark making Dean act that way, but it was still hard. The morning after, you had woken up next to him, and flinched when his hand came torwards your face. That had been the worst, the hurt that had crossed his face along with the guilt, made you want to take him in your arms, to let him know everything would be okay.

There was something holding you back from doing that. Knowing the Mark was still there, you were afraid it would get worse, and who knows what would happen next time. So you stayed silent, while you decided what to do.

Silence. It wasn't the best move, in fact it drove you and Dean farther apart, creating this rift that you weren't sure would ever be fixed.

One morning, Sam found you in your room, the room Dean no longer slept in.

"Y/ N? Can we talk?" He said, leaning against the door frame.

You nodded your head, and Sam came and sat next to you. Moments passed by before Sam finally spoke.

"Seeing you two like this, so nervous, guilty, and distant, is horrible. You two are so great together, I don't want to see something like this tear you apart. Dean needs you, now more than ever."

You just sat there, staring down at your hands. You knew Sam was right, but it was just so hard. Tears started pouring down your cheek.

"I know he needs me Sam, it's just..." You take a deep breath. "I can forgive almost everything, the yelling, being hit, but he brought my brother into it. And that hurt."

Sam didn't know much about what happened. Dean had been the only one to pull the full story from you, how your brother had died trying to save you, all because of one stupid mistake.

"I don't know what happened between you and your brother, but I do know Dean shouldn't have brought it up. That was wrong of him, but please, give him a chance to apologize."

Sam left soon after that, and you laid on your bed, no music or books to hide the thoughts running through your mind. Thinking back to that fateful day years ago.

You had just graduated from high school, your brother making sure at least some part of your life was normal. He had raised you, your parents had been killed by the supernatural when you were in middle school.

You came back from graduation, bubbling with excitement. The boy you had been crushing on had just asked you to a party. You tell your brother, only to be disappointed.

"Y/N, I don't trust that guy. I think we should stick to our plan of leaving town tonight. "

You remember being distraught, not wanting to miss your only chance with Chad, and thinking of a way to make that happen. You sneaked out of the old house you and your brother had stayed in, and made your way to the party. Chad met you at the door, and walked you in. You glance around, surprised to see no one else there.

"Where is everyone?" You remember asking.

"Honey, we are the party" He had told you, and dragged you into a room, tying you to a chair before more people walked in, each one showing fangs. It was a vampire nest.

They had fed from you, taking turns, and you were exhausted from blood loss. Finally your brother shows up, slashing his way into the room. He makes his way to you, cutting your ropes before turning back to face the only vampire left, Chad.

However Chad was too strong, and he ripped into your brothers throat while you watched. Screaming you picked up his machete, slicing Chad's head off. Dropping onto your knees you take your brothers head onto your lap.

"I'm so sorry, Brian, I should have listened."

He looked up at you, pain in his eyes. "Y/N, take care of yourself. Remember there are more Chad's out there, and stay safe. I love you silly girl. " He told you, before dying in your arms.

------------------------

You come out of your trance, noticing tears falling down your face. That memory had been pushed to the back of your mind, and the recent events had brought it back, making your heart hurt. You wipe the tears from your face, and glance at the clock, it was already past midnight.

You cuddle into your blankets, trying to find sleep. When it finally came, it was troubled. Nightmares plagued your sleep, nightmares of all the hunts gone wrong, of Dean almost dying in your arms, and of course, the night you lost your brother. You thrash about in bed, moaning, crying, until you feel a hand on your shoulder.

"Y/ N, come on sweetheart. Y/ N, wake up, it's just a nightmare."

You wake up to the familiar voice, crushing yourself to Dean's chest, the awkwardness of the past few days forgotten. You clutch him tightly, tears streaming down your face.

He let you cry, while rubbing soothing circles on your back. Calming down, you look up at him, to see tears in his eyes too.

"Was it about your brother?" He asks quietly.

You nod, unable to talk.

He abruptly pushes you away, and stands up, running his hands through his hair, a distraught look on his face.

"I'm so sorry Y /N. You haven't had that nightmare for a long time, but because of me it's back. I'm poison!"

Dean started to leave the room, but before he could leave, you rushed over to him.

"Don't you dare say that Dean. You are not poison, it's the mark that's poisonous. I would be lost without you!"

He shakes his head. "The mark is a part of me, and I'm afraid it's going to make me do something horrible to you, and I can't have that. The best thing is for me to leave you and Sam alone, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hurt the two people I love the most."

You grab his face with both hands, forcing him to look at you. "if you leave, I will hunt you down and kill you myself. We are in this together, we will find a way to beat it."

Dean wrapped his arms around you, pressing a kiss to your temple. "Y/ N, you're the only thing holding me together. When I said those things, and hit you, it killed me. Then the silence, it was complete torture. I kept waiting, thinking it was only a matter of time before you left."

"it would take more than that for me to leave you Dean. The silence was my way of handling the pain, I'm sorry if it hurt you too."

"Just promise me, you will talk to me next time, about anything. No matter how mad we get at each other, please no more silence. It hurt worse than anything."

You nod your head, agreeing. Silence can hurt more than action or words ever could.