Break Time

Sam Winchester x Reader
Synopsis: Bored with research, you beg for a break, but  Sam is stubborn, but a pool might be too much to resist.

Huffing, you slammed the book shut, tossing it to the far end of the table before rubbing your eyes. It was the third book you had read cover to cover that day, and the beginnings of a migraine were forming. If you didn't get out of that room, and soon, you might blow a gasket.

Glancing across the room, you noticed Sam working away on his laptop, his shoulders hunched as he read whatever was on the screen. Your throwing the book hadn't seemed to faze him at all.

Sighing, you stood up, stretching your arms over your head, the hem of your shirt rising with the movement. You looked Sam's way again, knowing he would usually watch you with hungry eyes as you stretched, but his eyes were still glued to the screen.

Dean was off at the bar, having given up way earlier than you had, saying he was going to ask witnesses. You knew that had been an excuse though, and he was probably half way through a whiskey bottle by now.

"Sam, can we stop and do something else?" You asked, but you already knew Sam's answer.

Shaking his head, he looked up at you, his hazel eyes tired but serious. "I can't. I'm so close to figuring out what is killing these people."

Crossing the room, you open the curtain, glancing outside, the dark night casting shadows in the parking lot. Your room was at the end of the hotel, and the nearest street light was burned out. You could just make a light next to the room, reflecting on water. You had briefly seen a pool next to your room, but hadn't paid it much mind. During hunts you never had the time for any leisure activities. You couldn't even remember the last time you had gone swimming.

Closing the curtain, you sat down on the bed, turning on the tv,  flipping through the channels. Nothing caught your attention, and soon you were shutting it off, still restless but not knowing what to do. It was then an idea came to you, and you walked over to Sam, grabbing his hand and pulling his attention away from the computer.

"What?" He asked somewhat impatiently.

"Let's go swimming!" You said excitedly.

Sam just chuckled at you "Y/N, we need to figure out what we are up against. Besides the pool probably isn't open, and we don't have any suits."

Frowning at him, you begged. "So what if it isn't open? No one else is staying here, so we could sneak in, and swim in our underwear. I don't care."

At your last comment, Sam's eyebrows rose. The two of you had been flirting around each other for the past couple of months, neither one willing to take the first step. You were hesitant because you didn't want to wreck the close friendship the two of you had. Dean had drunkenly shared with you one night that his brother was afraid something bad would happen to you if the two of you became a couple. So you understood why he hadn't made the first move.

So you were stuck to subtle touches and glances, each staring hungrily at the other when they weren't looking. It worked, for now, but you wished things could be different.

"Sorry Y/N, but I really need to do some more research. Maybe next time." He replied, but your mind was already made up. Moving to the bathroom, you grabbed a towel and headed to the door, your feet bare.

"Where are you going" Sam asked, never looking up from the computer.

"Swimming." You threw over your shoulder before shutting the door behind you. The quiet night was unseasonably warm for a spring day, and you were glad the pool was outside. It was surrounded by a fence, empty pool chairs all around the pool, no one in sight.