Silence

Dean Winchester x Reader

Synopsis: You come back from a hunt and get the silence treatment from Dean.

Silence. You had once read a sign that said silence can never be misquoted, but you weren't sure you believed that.

The three of you had just finished a very grueling hunt, one that ended sadly. You had tried to save a young boy, but the werewolf killed him before you could do anything. All three of you had taken it hard, and silence had ruled the rest of the day.

Usually Dean has music blaring from the Impala's speakers, and Sam and Dean are bickering about something. This night, the Impala was eerily quiet, with Sam asleep in the passenger seat, Dean staring the road down, and you sprawled across the backseat.

The Impala finally makes its way into the bunkers garage, and the three of you go your opposite ways. Fearing Dean would yell at you for your error in the hunt, you were shocked when he kept going, past your shared bedroom. Shrugging your shoulders, you figured he would be drinking, you open your door, and drop your duffle bag onto the floor. Stripping as you go, you make your way to the shower. You felt as if you were caked in mud and blood, and you needed a good scrubbing.

Finally feeling clean, you grab one of Dean's old tshirts, sliding it on, and climbing into bed, letting sleep chase away the bad thoughts.

----------------------

You awake the next morning, amazed at how refreshed you felt. Stretching, you turn to your side, placing your hand where Dean should be. Instead of Dean, the bed was cool, and empty. You sit up, realizing Dean never made it to bed last night. Hoping he didn't get too drunk last night, you change into your favorite pair of jeans, and a Lynrd Skynrd band tshirt, and went to check on him.

You found him, sitting at the kitchen table with Sam, drinking coffee. You put yourself a cup, before leaning over and kissing Dean's cheek. You frown, as Dean is unresponsive.

You take a banana, and go to sit next to him but he stands up, walking out the door.

As soon as he's gone you turn to Sam. "What's up with your brother? Did I do something wrong?"

Sam just shrugs his shoulders, and you leave the kitchen, deciding to do some research.

You turn on your laptop, wincing as the events of last night played in your mind. The boy was your responsibility, and you had moved too slow, and the werewolf clawed him before you could move. It happened in slow motion, the werewolf jumping out, the screams from the boy, and you rushing towards him, only to be thrown against the wall by the massive arm of the werewolf.

Shaking the negative thoughts from your mind, you concentrate on finding a new hunt. The morning passes quickly, and quietly, Sam had gone shopping, and you had no idea where Dean had taken off to.

Finally deciding you had had enough, you make the decision to cook a nice meal for everyone. Taking stock of what was in the pantry, you finally decide on spaghetti. Making your own sauce, you let it simmer as you get the noodles and a salad ready. Sam walks in, carrying bags.

"Hey, I got some bread that would go perfect with this, " he informs you. "Where's Dean?"

You shrug your shoulders, busy making the salad. You were getting annoyed with Dean's silent treatment, he wasn't the only one hurting.

With dinner ready, you take up the task of finding Dean. It was easier than you thought, he was in your room, putting his boots on.

"Dinners ready." You tell him.

"You and Sam eat without me, I'm heading to the bar," he replies, grabbing his coat.

"Dean talk to me. We all went on that hunt, if anybody should be hurting, it should be me."

He turns to face you, and you realize he had already been drinking. The smell of whiskey was on his breath, and his eyes were bloodshot.

"You know what Y/ N? I'm glad you brought that up. If you had done what I had told you, that boy would still be alive. Why the hell can't you do one thing right? You're a horrible hunter!" He yelled at you.

You recoil in shock. You've dealt with a drunk Dean before, but this Dean was different, he was taking it out on you. Maybe it was the mark, nut you weren't taking any chances.

Dean, come on, let's get you into bed, and you can sleep it off." You tell him, touching his arm. He recoiled away from you, disgust on his face.

"Don't touch me. You ruin everything you touch. It's your fault your brothers dead. Dean yells, before his hand flies forward toward your face, connecting with your cheek bone.

Your shocked, dismayed that Dean would bring your brother into this, and hurt. Tears spring to your eyes, and you run, away from Dean, away from the truth of his words.

You end up in the garage, your favorite place to hide. You usually climbed into one of the backseat and relaxed, listening to music. Today was different, you curled into the seat, tears running down your face. You couldn't believe Dean had said those words to you, or even raised his hand to you.

Minutes later, you hear footsteps. Glancing out the winfow, you notice Dean checking each of the backseats, looking for you. Afraid he was going to yell at you again, or hit you, you cower as far away from the window as possible, making sure the window was closed.

He finally finds you, and tries to open the door. Upon finding the door locked, he starts pounding on the window, "Damn it Y/ N, it's all your fault. Why can't you just leave!"

Hoping he won't break the window, you do the only thing you can, which is watch. You catch a glimpse of his eyes, and they are wild, crazy. This isn't your Den, this is the Mark of Cain, blood thirsty, and you were it's target.

The window starts to crack, and you panic. Just then a punch is delivered to Dean's jaw, and he slumps forward, being caught in Sams arms. Sam glances at you, before picking his brother up and carrying him away. You were too scared to ove, and Sam slowly returned.

Seeing the fright in your eyes, he tries to calm you dosn. "Y/N, it's just me, Sam. I won't hurt you, i promise."

You relax, opening the door, and Sam helps you out. He looks at your cheek, and pity fills his eyss.

"I know what he did isn't right, but that wasn't the real Dean. He needs you, and I hope you can forgive him."

You stay silent, and Sam walks you to the kitchen, where he hands you an ice pack for your face. Gathering your courage, you head back to your room, where Dean is sitting with his head in his hands.

Upon seeing you enter, he stands, unsure what to do or say. You don't even look at him, you change into sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt, climbing into bed.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry, please forgive me." He begs, but you remain silent. You had nothing to say yet. You had already forgiven him, but you were too emotionally exhausted to say anything.

As you close your eyes, welcoming sleep, you hear Dean whisper, "I know you hate me. I hope someday I can make you forgive me."

Silence. You had once read a sign that said silence can never be misquoted, but you weren't sure you believed that.