Chapter Eight - Close Calls

Start from the beginning

I laughed quietly and nodded my head. ''Will do.''

''Okay, well I'm off.'' Claire told me, kissing Sasha on the forehead before giving me a small wave and walking down the hall towards the front door.

''Okay, bye!'' I told her smiling.

As she opened the front door, she exposed Josh's three friends, Craig, Zack, and Liam. As per usual, Craig lead the group, his fist raised, ready to knock on the door.

''Hello boys, come on in.'' Claire told them.

''Hey Mrs D.'' they greeted, walking inside and smiling at her politely.

''Josh is in the basement I think, go on ahead. See you tonight Rosie!'' she smiled one more time, before leaving and shutting the door tightly behind her.

As soon as my name was mentioned, all three heads whipped in my direction, evil glints in their eyes and devious smirks on their lips.

I cringed.

''Hey Rosie.'' Zack purred, taking a step closer to me.

Crap...

I took a hasty step back, turning around and going into the kitchen to watch Sasha. If I'm with Sasha, they can't do anything...right?

Zack smirked and walked past me through a door and disappeared down a flight of steps, obviously the basement. The other boys smirked, following behind him. Craig made a point of stopping to slap my ass on the way, making me jump and yelp quietly.

Okay, I'm definitely speaking to Claire about this.

I turned back to Sasha, trying to distract myself.

''Hey Sasha, what do you want to do tonight?'' I asked her, smiling a fake smile and desperately trying to hold back the tears.

Why the hell was I crying? I'm a seventeen year old girl, and a man whore just slapped my ass. I should love this, I should be all over him.

But I'm not. I hate it.

Sasha seemed to notice something was wrong, and her little smile fell from her face. She didn't seem to know what to say though, so she just held out her little arms to hug me.

I smiled, hugging her back gently, only for a second before pulling away.

''I wanna play pony's.'' she told me, grinning.

''Kay.'' I said, nodding and lifting her out of her high chair. I set her down on the ground. ''Why don't you go get them and I'll be in in a sec?''

She nodded her head and skipped off to get the ponies ready.