Audition day part 6

*perri's pov*
How did I know this was going to happen? Why? I slowly walked over to Beth who was standing near the back of the room now. Just breathe Pel? It's just Beth.
"So do you wanna go through it a couple of times? So we get you know like used to dancing with each other?" I ask her whilst feeling slightly awkward and scratching the back of my neck.
"Erm sure." She replied back slightly smiling. We started the duet and was running it through for the first time when she stopped dancing and sort of just stood there.
"Pel? Are you okay?"
"I'm fine?" Could she tell I felt awkward? Oh no.
"Remember the last time we did a duet, it was so much more relaxed and you don't seem yourself? Have I done something wrong?"
"No. No it's not you at all. I'm completely fine" this was going worst that expected as now she was blaming herself and I already knew she had not a lot of confidence from last time. She grabbed my hand which made me directly look at her before she started speaking again.
"Look Perri, it's only me. I'm not going to judge you for messing up or just being you. If I did, I wouldn't be auditioning today would I. All you guys are amazing dancers and people! I should be the one who's nervous as I'm dancing with Perri kiely from diversity, I'm just an ordinary girl."  This lead to me smiling back at her.
"An ordinary girl with a lot of talent! I promise to be myself if you promise the same?" I reply to her as she slightly blushes
"Okay I promise. Now we need to practise" she says laughing. We manage to run through the routine a few times before Ash called everyone over. I was feeling more relaxed about performing now I had spoken to Beth.
"Right so we are going to have the two over 20s perform first and then the two under 20s. Also before we start, each duet will be performed one by one." Ash announces. I turn to Beth who goes slightly pale by this announcement and I can tell she's getting a little nervous.

*beth's pov*
One at a time? I can't mess up now, everyone will be watching. I don't know what came over me but I started to feel incredibly nervous and slightly sick. Just breathe Beth you'll be fine. You've made it this far and you are dancing with Perri kiely. Wait. I'm actually dancing with Perri kiely again. Everything just started to hit me at once. I needed some air. I grabbed my water bottle and headed for the door. I walked out side and slumped against a wall. I sat there for a couple of seconds in silence just trying to process everything before hearing footsteps approaching me.
"Beth? What happened? Are you okay?" I looked up to see Perri standing there. He sat down next to me whilst I just stared directly in front of me not saying a word.
"Beth you'll do fine trust me! You have incredible talent and when we were working on the duet everything went fine. I promise you that everything will go okay. You don't need to be nervous because I'll be up there with you dancing." I took a deep breath and turned to look in his direction.
"I just don't want to mess up in front of everyone. What if I forget the dance?"
"I promise you, everything will be fine! You know the dance so well and you're amazing." Before I could say anything in reply I could see Jordan heading our way.
"Is everything okay out here?" He questioned
"Beth just got a bit nervous" Perri replied
"Yer, I just needed a bit of air" I added
"Well everyone else had performed so you are needed back in the studio" I turned to look at Perri who took my hand and pulled me up from the floor. We slowly walked back into the studio where everyone was watching us enter.
"Everything okay now?" Ash questioned as his eyes followed us in.
"Yep we're ready!" Perri replied. We got into our starting positions, Perri behind me with his hands on my waist. Before the music was put on he whispered something into my ear which made me smile.
"I promise you'll be amazing. Just focus on me and I'll help guide you through." I put my hands on top of his and looked directly at the front and Ash put on the music.
Just as Perri said, I focused on him the whole time trying to forget everyone else was there. I tried to stay relaxed as I didn't want to mess up. As the music went on, the duet seemed to be going really well. As before with Will, I put all my emotions and tried my best throughout the duet as this was my last chance to try and get the final placement. As the duet finally ended we were left facing each other with my arms round his neck and his hands on my waist again. Our eyes suddenly met and I started to get that butterfly feeling again.

*perri's pov*
The duet went amazing. I kept my eyes on Beth the whole time and everything went really well. As the music ended we finished in each other's arms and our eyes met. I couldn't look away. We stood like that for a few seconds before everyone started clapping which took me back to reality. Beth's eyes instantly darted away once this happened leaving us both going slightly red. I leant in and gave her a hug to try and relieve the awkwardness but also celebrate that the duet went really well.
"You were amazing!" I whisper in her ear.
"I couldn't of done it without you though" she replied.
"And I think we have our winner!" Ash announced. I instantly turned to Beth who was looking very shocked and confused.

*beth's pov*
Did Ash just say I won? I turn back to Perri who had the biggest smile on his face. I give him another hug. I can't believe it.
"Pel, would you and Beth like to do the duet on the next tour?" Ash questioned him. He pulled back out of the hug and looked directly at me before replying.
"I would love to as long as Beth is okay with that?"
"Of course! Thankyou so much!" At that point Emma came running to me smiling and congratulating me. I had to message Louise! I walked over to my bag, grabbing my phone and messaging her saying I was finished. I wanted to tell her in person that I had won!

*perri's pov*
I walked over to Jordan who congratulated me on the duet with Beth. I was over the moon to get it! I was sat at against the wall when suddenly Jordan started speaking.
"Go ask her!"
"Ask her what?" I replied in confusion.
"You obviously want her number! Look you're duet partners now so that can be your excuse if you want?"
"Who told you that?"
"Everyone saw the moment you had together so just man up Pel and ask her!" He started to laugh and I could feel myself go slightly red. He was right though. I walked over to her and sat next to her when she looked up from her phone.
"Thankyou so much for today Perri!"
"I knew you would make it. You're amazing" this made her laugh again before blushing. Man up Pel and ask her.
"Look, erm Beth can I ask you a question?"
"Sure?"
"Can... Can I erm.. Can I have your number?" I looked directly at the floor waiting for a reply.
"Sure, that's fine!" My head shot back up and we swapped numbers.
"I have to go now but I'll see you next week for practise?" Beth tells me as she grabs her stuff.
"I'll walk you to the door" as we make it to the entrance we say our final goodbyes and I give her one last hug before I watch her walk over to her friend. As I turned away I could hear her friend congratulating her which made me smile. I hear a car pull out so turned back round and saw Beth and her friend drive off. I walk back through to the studio where I grab my things and head home. What a day.......