Audition day part 5

*beth's pov*
We all turn to look at the front, the final 10. Warren turns and puts the music on shuffle. To everyone's confusion, heart will go on started playing from the titanic. All of us started to look at one another with confusion. Are they being serious? We have to dance to this?
"What the hell is this?" Ashley says turning round to warren.
"Well I put it on shuffle and this is what came on?" He explains
"Turn this off. How are they suppose to dance to this? It needs a beat! Who's phone is this anyway?" Ashley questions
"Not mine" warren exclaims
Everyone turns to Jordan who was just standing there awkwardly.
"What? Who doesn't like a bit of the titanic every now and then?" He says whilst slightly laughing. The rest of us started to laugh with him.
"Warren plug in your phone. Who knows what other music Jordan has on his." Ashley says. Warren plugs in his phone and once again puts on shuffle with hello by Adele coming on. It wasn't the best song but it was better than before. Ashley counted us in to the chorus and we all started our unprepared solos. It was only about 45 seconds we were dancing for but looking at myself in the mirror, I didn't think I looked that bad. I tried to put all my emotion in to the dance and bring all the tricks I had out to my routine. I was watching Emma dance in the mirror too and she was amazing, she had to get through! As the music was turned off, Ashley stood in front of us all and clapped.
"Thankyou all for coming today! Also your solos were all so good! We are going to take a 20 minute break then we want you all in the other studio where we will announce who got the two places! Don't be late." And with that me and Emma grabbed our stuff and went to sit in the waiting area.
"You looked amazing today Emma! If you don't get through then they obviously don't know what talent is!" I say to her.
"Beth that's so sweet but you are definitely going to make it too!"
"I hope so! I would love to dance with one of the boys."
"I'll be back in a sec, I'm just going to the toilet" Emma said to me as she rushed off. I was scrolling through my Instagram feed when I heard someone walking toward me. I looked up to see Perri, I stood up and said hello.
"Look Beth I'm sorry for being awkward earlier. I was going to come say hello but I saw you were with other people so I kinda just left"
"It's fine don't worry!"
"Well done for making it this far though! How do you think today went?"
"Well I've made it this far so pretty well! I would love to have the opportunity to dance with you again." I told him
"I'm sure you'll do just fine" he smiled at me and with that Emma was back
"Hey, you're Emma?" Perri questioned looking at her number and name.
"Yer that's me! My numbers a bit crinkled."
"We should all be getting back to the studio, I think they're about to announce the final 2 people from each group!" I saw looking at the clock and then back at Perri and Emma. We pick up our stuff and follow Perri back into the studio.

*perri's pov*
As I walked back into the studio Jordan was giving me a weird look so I walked over to see what it was about.
"You spoken to her then?" He teased whilst slightly laughing
"Just made myself look like an idiot to be honest."
"Don't worry Pel, I'm sure if she goes through ash will pair her with you" he laughs. Oh god, no that can't happen! What if I mess up again. I have to talk to ash. I started walking over to him when he started to announce the final 4 overall. Great! I need to talk to him before the duets! I sat out that the side waiting to see who was picked.
"And from the under 20s we have Emma who has bagged one spot!" Ash announced. I looked up to see her and Beth hugging and smiling. Beth's smile was just something else.
"And the second place we have Beth!" I could see her eyes open wide when her name was announced, she looked so shocked by it but it was kinda cute.

*beth's pov*
Wait, what? I can't believe it? I actually made it to the final two? How? So many questions ran through my head. I went and stood with ash, Emma and the two over 20s, Erica and Abby.
"Right so I've decided we are going to do things differently from what I originally suggested." Ash started to talk.
"You will perform the duet with your original duet partner again and then with a member of diversity!" He added. I looked over to Will and then slowly walked over to him.
"You ready to smash this duet again?" He says to me.
"Yes! I'm so excited to perform in front of everyone and I love the duet!"
Ash gives us 10 minutes to practise so me and Will mark the duet through a couple of times whilst laughing and joking, he's such a genuine nice guy! As I turned round to face away from Will in part of our routine I catch Perri looking at us but as soon as we make eye contact he immediately looks away again. He's been acting kind of strange today, the other week when I was here he acted so differently?

*perri's pov*
I'm sat at the side of the room watching the remaining 4 practise their duets. Directly opposite me is Beth and her duet partner. I watch them mark it through a couple of times and I can honestly say they look amazing together. I watch as they are laughing and joking about and I'm starting to feel jealous and I have no idea why? I wish I was her duet partner, joking and laughing about with her. I'm still watching them when Beth turns around and catches me this leading to our eyes meeting and then mine instantly looking away. I can feel myself going red, I need to speak to ash, I can't be Beth's duet partner incase I mess up again. I run over to ash to ask.
"Ash I need to talk to you about the duets."
"Not now Perri we are just about to watch them perform."
"But I can't ..."
"Right guys..."
Okay great don't listen to me then. I go and sit at the front with the other boys and they all get ready. Warren puts the music on and I can't help but watch Beth. She's an amazing dancer and I really wish I had the opportunity to dance with her but I've already made myself look like an idiot enough in front of her. As the music stop my eyes follow Beth and Will her partner to the edge of the room where they give each other a hug and congratulate each other. I watch as they both give each other their phones which probably means they are swapping numbers. I can feel that jealousy feeling coming back and I need to get some air. As I start walking to the door ash calls me back.
"Pel? Where are you going? It's your turn to be paired up!"
I go and sit back down with the rest of the boys just staring down at the floor. Jordan comes and sits next to me.
"Are you okay mate? What's up?" He questions
"It's nothing don't worry about it"
"Pel you can tell me"
"Well it's just..... Every time I've tried speaking to Beth today something has gone wrong or I've messed up! And now she's swapping numbers with Will and they look like they are having a good time together and I don't know why I'm feeling so jealous"
"Pel, you so like her!"
"No I don't. I hardly know her. I mean yer, she is something else but it's obviously never going to happen now." I continue to stare at the floor when I hear ash announce the partners.
"Emma and Beth are the final two under 20s so Emma I would like you to dance with Mitch and Beth you can dance with Pel."

My head instantly shoots up. Oh no.