Audition day part 4

*Ashley's pov*
"The reason we need you guys to do a contemporary solo is because the duet you will be performing with us next year will be quite an emotional one. As well as being a good dancer, we need to see if you can tell a story and bring across emotions. Right so you'll be in groups of 7 and only 4 of you will be chosen. Can we please have...."

*Beth's pov*
The first group was called up and the music was out on. Fading by Alan walker was put on and the first group started their performances. As I sat there I kept running through the timings of my solo as I didn't want to mess up like I did in street. The only problem this time though was that Kate was in my group and I hated competing against friends. As my group was called up I turned around and gave Kate a hug and wished her the best.
"You all ready?" Ashley questions and a couple of us gave a nod. The music started to play and I felt as if I was free. Nothing else seemed to matter at that moment and I completely forgot who I was dancing in front of. Contemporary is such an emotional dance style and I always seem to feel this way when dancing it. As the music stopped we all finished and took a bow. Like before the boys took a 5 minutes break to decide who was going through. 15 of us were going home.
"And the top 20 are..."
We all listened for our number and unfortunately hannah, Laura and Lucy all didn't get called back. As before I was the last one to get called out but I was so relived I got this far. It was just one step closer to dancing with them again. Me, Emma and Kate all said goodbye to hannah, Laura and Lucy as they had to leave before sitting down in front of the mirrors where Ashley had to talk to us.
"So we started today with 105 of you and now we are down to the top 20! Before we start the duets I just want to give you all a massive round of applause for your efforts! Right, so we have 20 guys here who are going to be dancing with you so if you could all pair up and find a space. The guys already know the routine so they can help each of you with your parts." Ashley announced. We all got up and found a partner. I was dancing with a guy called Will who had brown hair and was almost a head taller than me but he was kinda cute! The routine was very different to what I was expecting, it was a very close dance meaning that the me and my partner were very close the whole time. The song was without you by Chris brown so was very emotional. After about 45 minutes of learning the routine we were finished.
"Everyone take a 5 minute break and then we are going to get straight onto performing them." Jordan announces as he goes to take a mouthful of water. I go to sit down with my bag and take out my phone to see if I have any notifications. I start to scroll through my social media when I feel someone sit beside me.
"So why did you come to audition today" the voice said as I looked up and saw it was Will.
"It's an amazing opportunity and even if I don't get it, the experience will be amazing" I explain to him.
"Oh trust me, you'll get through there's no doubt about that"
"I'm surprised I have made it this far!"
"Well if you put loads of emotion and energy into our duet then I'm sure we will be fine"
I smiled at him before we made some awkward eye contact. My eyes darted away.
"So is our first group ready?" Jordan asks as some people start standing up. There was only two groups his time and only the top 10 were going through which was terrifying. Me, Emma and Kate were all in the same group this time.
"You ready for this" Will says to me as we start to get ready. I turn and nod at him and we get into our starting position. We start with Will behind me with his hands on my waist. The duet goes really well, all my emotion goes into it and I feel as if we have a really good connection. As the music finishes, we end our dance looking eye to eye with his hands on my waist and my arms around his neck. When the music finishes Will gives me a hug and I'm so happy with how it went.
"Wow. Just wow. These duets are on fire today guys!" Ashley calls as he stands up clapping.

When the boys re enter the room we hear who has got through and unfortunately Kate gets knock out at this round. Me, Emma and 8 others are left.
"And this is our top 10 dancers!" Jordan calls.
"Right everyone find some space in the room and I'm going to put a random song on and you are going to be competing for 1 of 2 spaces so good luck everyone!"
I decided to places myself in the middle of everyone so I could still be seen but I let comfortable here. We all watched Ashley as he went to put the music on. No one knew what song it was so no one could prepare a style.
"And your music is on"