| | | | |

"Now, I'm not the most popular person in town these days, but Detective West, his daughter and closest family friend gave me permission to bring you here, where we were able to stabilize you."

"Iris and Mariana?"

"Yes. They came to see you.. quite often."

"Iris talks a lot."

"Also, she's hot." Cisco said with a smile.

"I have to go." Barry started to walk away but stopped when he heard responses.

"No you can't!"

"No, no, Caitlin's right. Now that you're awake, we need to do more tests. You're still going through changes. There's so much we don't know."

"I'm fine, really. I feel normal. Thank you, for saving my life." Barry walked away from the Cortex as Wells sighed.

"Really?"

"Can I keep the sweatshirt?"

"Yeah, keep the sweatshirt."

"Okay."

| | | | |

"You don't really believe he can run that fast, do you?"

"Well, I think anything is possible, and in a few minutes, maybe you will too."

"How does it fit?" Cisco said as Barry walked out wearing a red spandex suit with running shoes.

"It's a little snug."

"At least you will be running so fast no one will see you." Cisco said with a smile, "See, you thought the world was slowing down. It wasn't. You were moving so fast, it only looked like everyone else was standing still."

Barry and Cisco walked to the starting place where he would run off and Cisco turned to him, "Dr. Wells will be monitoring your energy and Caitlin your vitals."

"What do you do?"

"I make the toys, man!" Cisco said while holding up a piece of equipment for Barry, "Check it. This is a two way headset with a camera I modified designed to combat battlefield impulse noise. Or in your case, potential sonic booms. Which would be awesome."

Cisco removed Barry's helmet and headed over to the table near Wells. Caitlin walked over to Barry and started to press buttons on Barry's spandex suit. She noticed him staring and, without looking up from her tablet, asked him a question.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just notice you don't smile much."

Caitlin looked at him with a dumbfounded face and brushed hair from her face, "My once promising career in bio-engineering is over. My boss is in a wheelchair for life. The accident that put you in a coma, also killed my fiance. So this blank expression kind of feels like the way to go."

Barry stayed silent and felt sorry for Caitlin, except he kept it to himself.

"Mr. Allen, while I am extremely eager to determine your full range of abilities, I do caution restraint."

"Uh, yeah."

Barry bent down to a running starting position and turned around to see Wells put on sunglasses.

Electricity surged through his body as he took off running, leaving Cisco on the floor, and the canopy over Caitlin and Wells behind them

Electricity surged through his body as he took off running, leaving Cisco on the floor, and the canopy over Caitlin and Wells behind them. A smile was placed on Cisco's face as he watched Barry take off into the distance.

"He just passed 200 knots per hour." Cisco said as Caitlin looked through binoculars at Barry running at high speed.

"It's not possible."

Wells looked at the screen in front of him and at Barry, a smile etched on his face.

Barry kept running, as he suddenly remembered his earliest memory as a kid.

"Mom!"

"No, Barry!"

"Mom!"

"Don't let him touch you!"

Barry suddenly crashed into a pile of metal cans, making some explode and some roll on the ground. Groaning in pain, he sat up, his right hand twisted at an oddly angle.

\\\\\

"It looks like you had a distal radius fracture."

"Had?"

"It's healed. In 3 hours."

"How is that even possible?"

"We don't know. Yet."

"You really need to learn how to stop." Cisco said with a smile, walking towards his desk as Wells approached Barry.

"What happened out there today? You were moving pretty well and then something caused you to lose focus."

"I started to remember something."

Wells urged Barry to continue as he gulped and sighed.

"When I was 11, my mother was murdered. It was late. I came downstairs, and I saw what looked like a ball of lightning. And in that ball of lightning, there was a man. He killed my mom. They arrested my dad. He's still sitting in Iron Heights for her murder. Everyone, the cops, the shrinks, they all told me what I saw was impossible. But what if the man who killed my mom was like me?"

"Well, I think I can say, unequivocally, you are one of a kind."