"Alright, kid, you don't have to do this, alright? Just give me back my friend's bag and we'll call it even. Okay?" Mariana said, inching closer to the kid as he debated whether or not to hand it over.

He, chose not to, and instead, shoved the corner into her stomach, making her back into the wall in pain and Barry holding on to her while the kid ran away with Iris' laptop.

"You alright?" Mariana nodded and Barry helped Mariana walk towards Iris' car at the front.

| | | | |

Back at the station, Barry was holding a tissue to his nose, stopping the bleeding from the laptop hit to his face. Mariana, seated next to him, was holding an ice pack on her left rib. She flinched as she moved towards where Iris was walking over to them.

"Who is that guy, and what is he so proud of?" Iris sat down in front of Mariana and Barry as she rolled her eyes towards the new detective, "So he caught a mugger."

"He's a transfer from Keystone. Started a few weeks ago. Eddie Thawne." Barry nodded towards him as Iris turned in her chair, admiring Eddie from afar.

"Oh. So that's detective Pretty Boy." Iris received many raised eyebrows from Barry and Mariana as she made her words clear, "That's what my dad calls him. He says he actually keeps score when it comes to arrests."

"He is pretty though."

Barry rolled his eyes to the ground, completely unaware that Mariana could sense his feelings from a far.

| | | | |

"Barry, you sure you'll be okay?" Mariana asked him as he started walking up the stairs towards his lab, well, their lab.

"Yes. I'm sure."

"Alright. I'll be down here if you need me."

Barry gave Mariana a last hug before disappearing upstairs without another word.

As he opened the metallic door, he glanced around and headed towards the window, where he turned on his computer monitor, projecting the latest news on the Particle Accelerator he was currently missing.

"I'm Linda Parks and we're live outside S.T.A.R. Labs, despite the weather, which will only get worse. The torrential downpour has in no way affected the particle accelerator, which is running smoothly, according to S.T.A.R. Labs CEO, Dr. Harrison Wells."

The news keep rolling as Barry reaches for a piece of paper, and turns towards his board, revealing a map of the murder of his own mother; Nora Allen. Everything needed to know about that night, connected. Strands of red yarn going from one pin to the other. Barry connected the piece of paper in his hand and stared at the board. Sighing, he frowned.

"Wait, we are now being told to evacuate the facility. The storm may have caused a malfunction to the primary cooling system. Officials are now trying to shut down the particle accelerator, but so far have been unable to do so-"

Barry, in front of the monitor, suddenly stared at a blank screen. He heard an explosion and looked up, seeing an explosion come directly from S.T.A.R. Labs. He gasped as the top of the building exploded, causing a wave to disperse throughout the city. Barry turned, looking at the chain which connected the roof and walked over.

He grabbed onto the chain, wanting to close the celling, and realized that all the chemicals around him, were levitating in the air

He grabbed onto the chain, wanting to close the celling, and realized that all the chemicals around him, were levitating in the air. He turned, looking at the skylight and saw a lightning bolt crash through and strike him, throwing him to the closest wall of chemicals and onto the ground. The chemicals collided with him and the lightning as well. Unconscious, he was unaware of how the lightning had changed him.

| | | |

Mariana heard a crash from the lab upstairs as she ran up and found Barry unconscious, on a shelf of chemicals. His forehead bleeding and almost dead. She kneeled to him and grabbed a hold of his head, shaking his body and continuously talking to him.

"Barry? Barry, are you okay? Please, open your eyes! Don't go, please! I need you! Wake up, Barry! Please! Help! Someone help!"

Mariana shouted and officers ran inside, and immediately dialing the ambulance. Barry, unconscious, was laying on Mariana's lap as she shook and sobbed, holding his body, not knowing what to do.

The only thoughts running through her mind were, 'i hope barry is alive.'