Epilogue

Epilogue

A Few Months Later

Rian

"It surprises me every time I see it." Rian admitted pointing at Kai and the gorgeous girl beside him. Someone she considered to be like the sister she always wanted but never had.

"I realized it the moment he signed that contract. Freedom means everything to us when our company puts so much restriction on us baby girl, the fact that he was ready to be restricted even further with Suho's scheming when he usually never cared about anything meant he was already half way there. --- What I'm more surprised was how our plan for revenge ended up with that." Kai said pointing at the girl warped in Suho's arms. "He was just supposed to get a taste of his own medicine, not be that happy with it." Sehun was clearly trying look like he was pissed but it was clear he was happy for both Kai and Suho. Not surprising considering that they all were more closer than most real sibling after all.

"You know, what both you and Kai refuse to see is that if it wasn't for Suho's scheming then none of us would have ever met. It was a chain reaction that led one thing to the other." Rian reasoned.

"That's one fucking scary thought." Sehun admitted with horror. "One we should not be thinking about when we are celebrating our secret engagement party."

"This is not an engagement party, we are just celebrating cause we are happy that we had the chance to meet on this day a year ago." Rian corrected him for the millionth time. Ever since she accepted his gift of a ring he joked that they were engaged, not that she had any issues with it. Rian just liked to tease Sehun back about it. "Besides I'm not that easy that I will be your fiancé without a proper proposal." Rian said with amusement at his chagrined expression.

"I love you." he whispered, pulling her close to his lip "How about now?" he pouted making Rian laugh but God! That never got old. Rian thought back to the times when he first confessed to her.

The first time he confessed to her was in the form of a ring. A simple Ruby solitary ring with 'I love you' written on the inside of the very thin band, the implication of the Ruby was not lost on her. When she asked he said that he wanted make the past that still pained her into a good memory. That thoughtfulness ended up making her bawl her eyes.

The second time was by text while she was telling him how much she missed him while he was overseas for promotions.

The third was over the phone. When he finally confessed to her in person it was while he was inside her, they were making love. It had taken him a while but she had waited patiently, never rushing him because she knew it would be worth it. She never wanted him to rush and do anything he didn't want to, just like he didn't want her to give in and accept just to please him. Rian chuckled remembering the time when he actually told her with an embarrassed smile that countless time he had wished she would have rushed him to say those precious three words because then he would have 'hauled ass' made it happen sooner. But what came as the biggest surprise was when he admitted that the first time he actually confessed to her was while she was asleep. According to him she mumbled a reply but she had no recollection of the event at all.

"Oh Sehun, if you think that measly confession is going get me to tie the knots with you then you are seriously in need of a reality check." Rian laughed. Her eye's filled with warmth, joking aside, this man was everything to her. "I love you too," she said, "and I'd be the happiest woman on earth when you do propose to me but when you are ready okay, when everything in your life's settled, we can think about it then." Rian reassured him with a loving smile. "Good things are always worth the wait."

His eye's flashed before he pulled her in for a scorching kiss that gained a few hollers from the people around. It was just a small gathering with their closest friends so they had no reason to be cautious. Not that Sehun seemed to mind either way. He never confirmed their relationship to the public but didn't deny the rumors or speculation either, nor did he take any special care to keep them under warps. To be honest, Rian thought the reason Sehun hadn't yet publically confirmed their relationship had more to do with her apprehension at being publically scrutinized than his need to hold his single status.

"Yeah, well, never was good with waiting." Sehun shrugged, drawing her attention when he pulled back and before Rian could figure out what was happening he was pulling out a box out of his pocket. "Rian, you are one of the best things that ever happened to me baby girl. I never want to let you go so be mine forever, promise to marry me and be mine forever. It may not be anytime soon, not for a few years at least but I still want this promise ring on you, for everyone to know that your mine and taken till the time when I'm able to really propose to you." He said sliding the promise ring onto her willing hand. She felt her eye's fill with happy tears, while he lifted her hand and kissed her palm making her heart pulse with love for him. "I love you so much" Rian whispered, pulling him into a hug. But their sweet embrace was interrupted when they caught the others attention.

"Man did you just seriously pop the question?" Kai was the first to ask.

"You know I can't yet." Sehun said pulling out of the hug to pull her into his side. "I just made a promise." Sehun shrugged with a grin.

Kai was instantly beside them, startling them both when he pulled Sehun's hand from around her, focusing on his hand. That was when Rian realized that Sehun had a matching ring to what he just gave her on his finger as well.

"A fucking promise ring? --- really?" Kai said looking from ring to ring. "Damn it, you set the bar too high man --- now what am I supposed to do?" He said with fake indignation, making everyone laugh.

Laughing along with everyone, Rian's attention landed on her brother. Leaving Sehun and Kai to pick on each other. Rian moved closer to him.

"You alright with all this?" she asked referring to their surroundings as well as Sehun's promise.

"No issues here." he grinned, not that Rian had any doubt; Ryung didn't take long to warm up to Sehun. She guessed that Ryung saw Sehun as a big brother figure, especially when Sehun had no trouble getting down and dirty playing and taking Ryung out to do guy stuff in his free time. Even today Rian hadn't wanted to let her brother come, what with the alcohol around and she didn't think this would be a gathering suitable for a kid but it had been Sehun who convinced her to let him come. Sehun assured her that he would have the alcohol and women talk with her brother when the time was right, something she would forever be grateful for because that was not a conversation that she wanted to have. But at the same time Rian was always apprehensive with her brother associating so much and looking up to such a daredevil like Sehun. So she always checked up.

Catching up to Sehun again, Rian whispered to him, "so I'm only one of the best things that ever happened to you? Not the best thing?" Rian questioned part teasing part curious about his answer.

"Your at least in the top three, I promise." he grinned like he knew she would pick up on it and ask him.

"So --- can I ask about the others?"

"Hmm – let me see." He pretended to be thinking while pulling her closer. "The best thing that ever happened to me was your pussy ----," Rian's eye widened, looking around to make sure no one was around, "then there's your smile." He continued on while Rian was torn between feeling hot and bothered and embarrassed. "Then of course there's you. --- How did I do?" he asked teasing her.

"You're too much," Rian laughed while pushing him away when he tried to kiss her.

Wanting to get back at him for having caught her off-guard with his earlier teasing, Rian leaned in " Why does it make me feel very hot and achy when I think about what you just said." her lips turned up in a satisfied smile when he groaned caught off guard.

"God, I have sinned for I have created a monster." He exaggerated, making them both laughed.