Blast From The Past

The next morning Rian woke up to a message from Sehun saying that he was going to pick her up at her place because apparently he had some errand's for her to run. He didn't elaborate what they were exactly, only that she would have to go to his company with him for few hours.

That news had her dreading the day to follow. True enough it was a quite a few day's ago that she made a fool of herself in front of everyone but the big question was whether it was enough time for them to have forgotten about it.

Her phone rang with a text and she picked it up to see that it was Jade. Last night, after spending the better part of the evening with such a considerate Sehun, Rian had trouble trying to calm her self enough to get some sleep. So she picked up her phone and texted Jade asking how she was doing. Even though, she promised to keep in touch with her, she realized she had not contacted heart all. Rian was disappointed when she never replied but figured Jade must be working the night. Explained why she would be replying now in the morning.

Jade: I'm getting along fine. I resigned from the bar and joined a different club. I just couldn't stay there after what happened but nothing's changed. It's just a different place with the same old crap. Are you all right though? I'm dreading to even ask what sort of work you do now.

Before Rian could reply her brother interrupted her. "Are you going to be late coming home today too?" Rian could barely stop her grin at the annoyance in her brother's voice. He has been quite the overprotective brother lately, and it amused her to see him like that for this was so much better than the weakened state he was in while he was in hospital.

"I don't know --- there's a few errand's for me to run and I don't know what they are yet." Rian tried for nonchalance, knowing how annoyingly perceptive her brother was.

Ryung gave her a suspicious look but didn't say more about it. "Like the new hair, --- I hated the blonde" he said pointing at her hair. "This suite's you better."

Rian responded with a smile. "My! Was that a compliment?" she teased and they both laughed.

"You look good today, ---- happy." his statement was uttered so seriously that it gave pause to Rian's laughing. She couldn't deny it, her heart was feeling quite light today and she knew exactly what, or to be more specific who, was responsible for that. "I just wish you'd be this way all the time." It was a whisper but Rian clearly heard it and she could have sworn her brother's eyes were unusually bright looking. It broke her heart to see such pain on her brother's eye's and to know that it was for her only made it so much more worse.

"Oh Ryung ---." Rian tried to reach her brother but as soon as she started moving towards him, Ryung was out the door. With an "I'll see you later." thrown over his shoulder at her. Rian had been so sure she had her poker face in place when she was with her brother but guess that was not the case.

*******

Rian followed behind Sehun as they entered what looked like a conference room, only more casual. As soon as she saw all the guy's around she was tempted to turn right around and walk out but through sheer will she managed to stay behind Sehun, hoping to avoid eye contact. She just hope Sehun would tell her what he needed her to do so she could get to work.

On their way here she asked Sehun about the errands and he said it was to organize a few thing for him but he was being very vague. It was at the tip of her tongue to insist that he actually tell her what exactly he wanted her to do so she could be prepared but decided it would not be worth pestering Sehun over. So she let it go for the time being.

To Rian's relief after spending a few uncomfortable minutes around the others Sehun led her to a small room and left her saying he'd be back. Before he left though, he made sure to comment on her hair with a devilish grin that made no doubt of his teasing. Unlike her brother's compliment however, Sehun's word's made her blush with awareness and satisfaction. "Like what you've done with your hair." Rian couldn't stop he grin the tugged at her lip's. As if he wasn't the one who took her to a hair stylist yesterday. The fool she was because she could clearly tell he was teasing yet she couldn't help it.