His Confession

"Oh ---- are you --- are you jealous?"

"What if I said yes?"

"W-what?" Rian stood there with a gob smacked expression, not daring to believe what she was hearing. But Sehun walked away from her and towards the door. She thought he was going to leave but he didn't. He just shut and locked the door that was ajar before. Then he was standing right back in front of her.

She kept her eyes on him, filled with confusion at his words, waiting for him to elaborate. She feared that she was feeling excited for no cause, raising her hopes only for them to crash and burn.

"Oh baby girl ~" there was a sheepish look on his face. "I was hoping you would realize this sooner or later --- I really didn't want to say this to you myself --- um but did you really think I was doing all this for you just out of pity --- or even guilt?" his question only made her eye's widen more. "I've always wanted you --- ever since I first laid eye's on you I've wanted you. I've never kept that a secret but now it's not just that --- it's --- it's more." Rian's heart stopped for second before racing away at hearing his confession --- for even she couldn't mistake this for anything else but a confession from him. It may not be all that she dreamed of but this was something. She was still trying to process this when he pulled her into a hug and it only took her second's to put her arm's around him and hug him back.

They stayed like that for a while; did this mean he liked her? That she could actually hope to be with him? The idea was something that she never thought would be reality, for she never thought he would ever reciprocate her feelings.

"Does --- Does this mean – you like me?" Rian had enough courage to ask such a daring question only because she couldn't see his face at the moment. But she didn't want to raise her hopes if this was a misunderstanding.

There was a long dragged out silence in which she thought he was going to ignore her. But then he pulled back to look into her eye's but she just couldn't face him after what she asked him before. He slid his fingers down her temple before tucking a loose stand of hair behind her ear. His touch was so soft and gentle – almost feather light that it made her breakout in goose bumps.

"I don't know --- I don't know what I feel for you but --- it's different --- whatever it is, it makes me furious at thinking of you ever dating that asshole."

"What?" Rian was shocked --- where on earth did he get that idea?

"That guy before --- I heard what you were talking about ----." He was angry now but unlike any other instance she might have gotten scared and worried at his anger, now she was secretly delighted at the thought of him being jealous over her. "You agreed to date him before --- if he asked again would you have? Because he was about to."

"Oh ~" Rian didn't know that.

"It amaze me how naïve you can be sometime --- almost to the point of being dense." he snapped out an insult. "How could you be so unaware of the affect you have on other's?" Rian assumed it was a question he didn't expect her to answer, for what would she say to that? "So would you have?"

His question took her back to her conversation with Gi. "You know I wouldn't have." Rian's reply was instant because she didn't even have to think about it.

That's when his arrogant smirk return to his face and Rian couldn't help the responding smile that tugged at her lips.

"Fuck! You mean I coughed up all that embarrassing shit for nothing?" Rian felt her blood drain, feeling hurt and dreadful. "That was a bad joke!" he clarified as soon as he saw her reaction but the damage was done. Now that the seed of doubt had been planted in her she couldn't seem to get over it. "No Rian it really was a bad joke --- you make me act so unsophisticated and uncool sometime that I feel like cringing at myself," he confessed looking embarrassed. "Dammit, I can't believer I said that aloud either."