Clarifications

"Sehun-ssi?" A stoic looking doctor called out while approaching them only minutes after Rian and Sehun joined the other guy's outside in the waiting room.

Rian was more than a little surprised to see all the guy's ----- Suho, Kai, Beakhyun, Chanyeol and D.O. still hanging around in the waiting room. And with the curious look all the guy's shot at Sehun and herself, Rian was sure that Suho most probably talked about what he walked in on before --- Rian blushed with embarrassment just thinking about it ---- but one look at the stoic looking doctor approaching them and she was hoping it was not gong to be bad news. She slid her hand once again into Sehun's and gave it a reassuring squeeze --- which earned her a grateful glance from Sehun before he took a deep breath and straightened up to talk with the doctor.

Rian's only hope at the moment was that Sehun's parent's would be alive and well --- It broke her heart to think that Sehun would have to experience all that pain she went through when she lost her own parent's.

"Yeah? ---" Sehun spoke out with a tremble in his voice.

"Sehun-ssi, --- There was a lot of internal trauma to both your parent's --- We have tried our best and we are glad to say that they aren't in critical condition anymore --- We are most certain your father will make a full recovery --- he is still unconscious – yet stable. However --- your mother --- as you may have been informed already --- she had to be resuscitated before surgery --- she too is unconscious yet stable at the moment – but ----" It was a clear sign that Sehun's calm act crumbled a little at the doctor's frown along with that one word when Sehun squeezed Rian's hand so hard she almost cried out before she was able hold in her gasp of pain. It was one single word --- that 'but' ---- however everyone felt themselves tense dreading the next piece of news about Sehun's mother. " --- but it was miracle itself that she was stable enough after for us to be operating on her. Frankly speaking, both your parent's are out of danger and we are waiting for them to regain consciousness --- what I'm trying to say is that unlike your father who we predict would make a full recovery --- for your mother – there are bound to be complications ---- to what extent we do not know yet --- we are waiting for her to regain consciousness before we are able to do a full assessment." They all gave a collective sigh of relief at hearing this.

"So --- So they are alright now?" Sehun asked the doctor in a wishful tone.

"In a sense, yes --- but like I explained already your mother may have some complication aft...."

"Can I see them?" Sehun didn't wait for the doctor to finish his sentence before asking.

"Uh --- yes ---" the doctor responded --- taken aback by Sehun's interruption to his explanation. "But Sehun-ssi --- they are still unconscious ----"

"Where are they now? Just through those door?" he asked in an urgent tone once again interrupting the doctor's word's.

Rian let go of his hand and moved back when Sehun started following the doctor behind closed door's --- telling herself that he wanted to get to see his parent's ---- make sure they were alright --- she herself was well aware of that feeling, having experienced that with her brother --- yet she felt a pinch in her heart when Sehun walked away with the doctor, disappearing behind closed door.

Rian knew she was being unreasonable and selfish or even a mean bitch --- she never knew herself to be like this ---- yet why then was she acting so unlike herself where Sehun was concerned.

It was only that she wanted him to depend on her little longer ----- for him to let her comfort him for a little longer but now seeing that his parent's were fine --- she knew she was not needed again and that was a bitter feeling to experience --- but she herself was disgusted at her way of thinking. Having lost her parent's knowing that pain all so well --- how can she wish that he would be in that same misery for longer --- only because he would depend on her?