Unexpected

"Earth to Rian..." Ryung snapped his finger in front Rian's faced, trying to get attention. "Noona am I really that boring?"

"Uh? .. Sorry Ryung-ah, what were you saying?"

"What do you think I was saying?" Ryung asked making Rian admit that she has been lost in her own world once again in front of her brother. "Nothing because I realized long ago you were not listening." he finished for her when she kept her silence with not wanting to share with her brother about what has been going on in her life lately.

"You know, now that it's almost time that I am getting discharged and my bill's aren't too expensive anymore I thought maybe you'll be able to get some rest ,you know, maybe see you smile and be happy more often unlike the usual worried face I see on you everyday. But noona you look even worse than before .... I'm really worried."

"Hey~ Ryung-ah, I am happy. I am so very glad that you are fine and was able to fight off the cancer. I have no idea what I would have done if I lost you too." Rian admitted honestly now that she was told by the doctors that her brother's cancer was in complete remission she could openly admit to her brother about this.

"Noona you know they say that there's a chance that the canc ....."

"Don't Ryung! Don't you dare say such a thing, I know all about the chance of it's coming back but it's not going to happen to you. It's just not!" Rian said emphasizing her words, she wasn't sure she could ever go through what she went with her brother for the past few months. Rian refused to ever think about such a thing. "Don't you ever think like that." She whispered the last few word's, almost chanting it under her breath.

"I'm sorry ....I know it's hard on you."

"Ryung-ah ... you shouldn't apologize. I'm just very glad we were able to get through this and the last thing I want to think about is the possibility of .... anyways just know that there's noting I wouldn't do for you, okay?" Rian's lips turned up in a genuine smile at thinking about her brother's recovery. She still had a hard time getting her head around the fact that it was finally over. That all she has done was certainly worth it to see her brother healthy again.

Noona ~ you know I've been wanting to ask you this but I was scared what your answer would be."

"W-what it is?" Rian asked, she was already so nervous, there was so much her little brother didn't know and so much she would never let him know about.

"The money for the operation. I know we didn't have that much money lying around and you couldn't have earned it that soon either."

God this question, Rian thought. She knew sooner or later her brother was going to ask her this. He was just too sensible for his own good and she was prepared to lie, yet that didn't make it any easier on her, in fact she has been dreading this moment since he got well enough to talk to her. "Uh your .... your medical team agreed to let me pay in installment's" she replied with a forced smile. "I guess they felt sorry for us."

"Lair!" Her brother glared at her. "I clearly overheard you talking to the doctor's and they refused to allow you to so such a thing."

"Uh – Ryung, It doesn't matter right? I mean you're well and almost ready to go back home."

"It does matter because you just don't get that amount of money form no where. So where did you get it? .... Are we in d-debt?"

Rian gave a sigh on relief when she realized that her brother assumed that she borrowed that money from a loaner.

"Uh – something like that . A friend. I borrowed it from a friend." The so called friend she spoke of, she has been trying her best not to think about him for the past week but no that wasn't right because it wasn't even his money. Yet here she was once again thinking about him. For a few seconds there, she almost forgot about him, just barely because he was always there at the back of her mind.