New Job

The next morning Rian woke up with a smile on her face for the second day in a row. Her heart flipped excitedly whenever her phone went off with a text. Sehun texted her last night to let her know when he was going away and told that he would text when he's got some time. So with a disappointed sign Rian put down the phone when she saw that the txt was only a reply from Jade, not Sehun. Instantly she felt guilty for feeling disappointed, she should be happy because Jade was the only person that could pass for a friend at the moment for herself.

Rian didn't know exactly when she lost contact with all her friends, but along the way somehow she was too occupied with keeping a roof over their heads to be keeping up with friends. Next thing she knew, they've all moved on and she had lost touch. Rian assumed like Gi most of them would be starting university soon.

"Ryung-ah ~ you need any help?" Rian asked when her brother joined her in the kitchen. She wasn't sure when was the last time she spent such a lazy morning without having to rush off to work or feeling dog-tired but it felt weird to just have nothing to do.

"I'm not a kid~." Her brother snapped with a frown. Oh joy! The dreadful teenage years. Rian had no doubt she was going to have a hard time ahead trying to get along with her brother's rebellious behavior, he was still a child and it was starting already. Rian wasn't complaining though because it was such a relief to see her brother acting so normal for his age after all that they have been though

"Someone's in a bad mood. Everything all right at school?" Rian asked with a teasing grin to ignore his attitude. Ryung never answered though, because with a shrug of his shoulders he was out the door. Well that went well, almost, she thought.

Having tidied up around her apartment, she thought she might as well go to Sehun's place and clean it up. After all she never did clean his place yesterday.

When she was done there, she was trying to think of something else to do when Jade texted her again to meet up. Having nothing else to do, she agreed to meet her for lunch.

*******

"I'm just glad you're doing alright --- you know after what happened and all." Jade said biting into her lunch.

"I know --- everything kind of worked out." Rian said being evasive. "My brother's all better now too."

"I bet the medical bill's are still pilled up sky high." Jade commented and Rian didn't know how to respond to her without giving anything about Sehun away.

"Yeah a friend helped." Rian shrugged using the same lie that she used with her brother while gazing at her food to keep her eyes off Jade.

"Let me guess --- your guy?" Jade chuckled. "I knew you were too sweet to be doing that kind of job for long before a pissed off guy came in to drag you off calming you his." Jade explained at Rian's questioning look. Rian blushed but didn't comment and Jade being the cool person that she was, didn't ask any more.

"You know my real name, so can I know yours too?" Rian asked, after all if they were to be friends then they at least had to know each other by name.

"Oh no --- I never realized I didn't tell you. It's Jina."

They talked about nothing in particular, just hanging out and Rian was enjoying it. It felt good to be with a friend after such a long time without any.

When they were on their way out the lunch bar that they had lunch in, Jina got a call, Rian didn't have to listen in to get that it was a bad call.

Jina gave a resigned sign when she hung up. "Everything alright?" Rian asked hoping she wasn't coming across as prying.

"Yeah." Jina responded before changing her mind. "Actually no ---- I guess I should tell you if we are going to be friends." Jina shrugged surprising Rian at her openness.