Comfort

Sehun glanced at the girl lying along the few chairs next to him with her head on his lap --- Rian was fast asleep. Now that he was calm enough to think back he realized it must have taken a great toll on her to hold him back while he was such an emotional wreck. He thought back to how relieved he felt when he looked up and found her beside him all those hours ago. He was relived, yet even in that state worrying for his parent's and blaming himself for their injuries he was too prideful, too prideful to admit that he was so very glad to see her ---- too prideful to let her see him in such a weak state --- she was the one who walked away from him that night a week ago --- he didn't want to look pathetic in front of her.

He didn't have to worry about that though because Rian was never the person who rubbed your weaknesses in your face --- she wasn't the kind of girl that tried to fix them either ---- she was the one who silently accepted them ---- she was the best kind there is to have by your side.

When anyone else would have tried to reassure him that things are going to okay --- Rian never said such a generalized thing "let me comfort you" was all what she whispered in his ear, giving him someone to hold onto while he was falling apart --- that was thousand time better than anything anyone could have done for him at that moment.

Sehun reached out and tucked a stand of hair that seemed to have fallen across her face while she was fidgeting to get comfortable on the hard surfaces of the row of hospital chairs she was lying across --- it probably wasn't the most comfortable to lay on.

He leaned back to rest his head on the wall behind the chair he was seated on and close his eye's hoping sleep would come for him too but he couldn't think of anything but the emotional and hectic few hours that had passed ---- He wasn't sure he could have made it through them without the girl that with him right now.

He finally gave in and hugged her back, taking comfort in her embrace when he was falling apart --- when it seemed like he was at the weakest most worst moment in his life – her embrace made him feel like he was going to get through it ---.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a loud bang when the doors to the room where his parent's were opened up before a agitated looking nurse ran down the hallway. He felt Rian tense in his arms before she pulled back to look at the commotion behind her.

"What's going on?" Sehun asked no one in particular as staff started rushing out of the room that his parents were being treated in. One nurse was kind enough to stop to address him but looking at her grim expression he was sure he didn't want to hear it.

"No --- No!" he shouted feeling alarmed but at the same time knowing what the news must be. He felt Rian's hand slip into his and he gripped it tightly in his.

"We've got a code blue with the female patient that I'm assuming is you mother --- rest assured Oh Sehun-ssi we are doing everything we can ---- as of yet nothing is concluded and we are trying to resuscitate her as we speak right now --- I need to get back because we need everyone we can in there helping your parent's, they are in critical condition and quite unstable but rest assured that we are trying our best." and with that the nurse disappeared inside closed doors once again.

"No ---no----" Sehun whispered this over and over again, almost like chant ---- hoping if he said it enough times that the reality would change --- as absurd as that would be – he was going a little crazy.

"Sehun --- Sehun ---- Sehun!" Rian shouted after failing multiple times to break him out of his trance --- that seemed to have done the trick since he finally turned his head and looked at her with tear-filled eye's that broke her heart. She took his arm and pulled him closer to a chair to have a seat.