"How are your people, your daddy still think he's Obama?"

I laughed and smiled. "They are good, and yes he does."

We continued to eat. I caught him eyeing me a couple of times. Every time our eyes met, we would both smile.

That evening I visited my parents' house, I was looking for Evan but couldn't even find him. "Mama where Evan at?" I asked as I entered their master bedroom suite.

She walked from her closet. "I have no idea baby, you know his little car fixed and he wanna' rip and run the streets."

I chuckled and lied on my parents' bed. I began to slip into a deep thought. My mother noticed almost immediately. "Eva baby, what is on your mind?"

I shook my head.

"Girl, if you don't tell me..." Mama warned.

I sighed. "Cedric took me on a lunch date today."

She gasped. "Cedric from college? Little Cedric?"

I chuckled. "Yes Mama, him."

She nodded her head. "Eva, I like him."

She and Daddy did like him. I guess it is because my daddy and his invested together. I was always physically attracted but not emotionally attracted to him. When he cheated he kind of hurt me, but it is what it is. Sometimes we go through things to make us stronger. Trust me, Cedric did.

"I know you do, Mama. I just...I don't know," I said and lied flat on the bed on my stomach. She began to rub my back. "You may still have feelings for him."

********

Since Emily left last week I have been doing a lot of shit by myself. I am having to stay at the office later than usual and my schedule is all over the place. I haven't even had time to check if anyone has replied to the job offer. This is causing me a lot of stress.

After sending off a few documents, I exhaled then looked to see Cedric walking through my door, unannounced.

"Hey beautiful," he said with some pink and white roses in his hands. I smiled as he came over to me and kissed my lips.

We are not really together, so I guess you can say we're 'talking'. It has been great so far. He spends the night over at my house and the fact that we see each other almost every day makes it even better.

"You coming over my house tonight?" I asked as I checked my messages.

"Uh, yeah baby," he said, sounding very hesitant.

I gave a light smile. "All right, well I am getting ready to go make some copies real quick." I got up and made my way to the copying station. After copying, I made my way back to my office. Cedric was still in there. "You don't have anything to do?" I asked as I sat down at my desk.

"You," he said as he came over to me and kissed my cheek.

I laughed. "Stop..."

I tried to sign off on these papers and he was still trying to be touchy-touchy with me. "Sweetheart, stop," I said as I readjusted myself.

He smirked. "All right, but baby I am about to go get something to eat. Want some?"

"Yeah, I am pretty hungry. Where you going?"

He got up off the couch, stretched, then said "Probably Ruby Tuesday, want something?"

"Yeah, a turkey burger with honey mustard. Please." I smiled.

"Alright, I will," he said as he came to me like he wanted a kiss.

I turned around and our lips met before he walked out my office. I sighed; I still have a bunch of shit to do. I need an assistant, badly. I heard a knock on my door. "Come in," I said with a smile as I studied the door to see who it would be.

It was Pharah. "Hey, what's up?" I said. I was always happy to see Pharah, she is one of the best this company has.

"I wanted to thank you for the raise and also, I was wondering about taking the position of being your assistant."

My eyes lit up. "My a-a-assistant?"God can sure show up on time.

She nodded with a laugh. "Yes, Ms. Marks, your assistant."

"Thank you so much girl. You know what, no cubicle for you! Move into office 132A, it has a nice view of the ocean," I said with a smile.

"Thank you so much, Ms. Marks!" she replied in excitement.

"No problem, you deserve it," I replied as I smiled down and continued working.

"Well, when I start moving everything my brother will be in here to help, is that fine?"

"Yeah, it will be and you can call me Eva," I said and she smiled. I am happy as hell right about now. I got an assistant.