They are such a beautiful couple. One day I want someone to look at my husband and I and say that we are a beautiful couple. I am getting older and it is about time to settle down. I will wait though, no rush. I want something real and you can't rush that. Chris Brown will be bae until then, even though he's a little bit younger.

I heard a knock at my door, which interrupted my thoughts. "Come in."

Cedric's head popped in. "Hey Eva."

I sighed as I finished looking through the stack of pictures. "Hey, what's up?"

He walked over and sat down. "Well, I was wondering if you would let me take you out one of these days."

I smirked. "When would that be?"I know how he is, but why not try, no hard feelings over here! We have matured more since college, so this may not be as bad.

"How about I take you out for lunch?"

"Sounds like a plan," I said with a smile.

I heard the door shut, notifying me he was now out of my office. I sighed then laughed to myself. "That Cedric."

I got up and decided to pay Emily a visit. As soon as I was about to get up she rushed into my office. "Ms. Marks?"

"Hey Emily, I was just about to come to you. What's up?" I asked as I sat back down and cleared my desk for a place to rest my hands.

"Can I give my two weeks' notice?"

My heart kind of dropped. "W-what, why?" I asked as my facial expression changed.

"Well, I got offered a position for Marketing Supervisor over at Walmart."

My face completely dropped "Walmart?!"She can't be serious, this is Vogue Magazine!

"Yes, it was nice being your assistant, but it is time for me to go. You do have two weeks to find another one though." She got up, waved and then left. That bitch. I redid my lip gloss and got up to go to Emily's soon to be ex-cubicle. Since she wants to leave for a retail job, I can make her dream come true right now. I will still keep it classy though.

"Hey Emily, you can leave...today," I said with a smile. If she wants to leave then she can, fuck two weeks. I just have to find another assistant.

"Okay," she said, then proceeded to pack her things.

I walked back to my office and flopped down in the chair. I logged onto my Mac desktop and began to post ads for the position. Then my mind drifted off into thoughts about this lunch date.

*****

"You haven't changed since college, Eva," Cedric said as he sipped his drink.

"Funny how you saying that now and we have been working with the same company for three years," I said with a laugh.

Cedric came to Vogue about three years ago and I tried my best to avoid him at first. We eventually had to collaborate so I just put the past away and focused on what was important, the company. We never really had a chance to sit down and talk to one another.

"Honestly, you're really beautiful and...Well, in college we were just playing, we didn't know what we were doing."

I laughed a bit. "Yeah, you're right, like that time you came to my apartment drunk!"

We both busted out laughing. "Aye chill," he said.

"It's okay though," I said and the waitress sat our food down and we dug in. I swear, this date is way better than Michael's. That nigga gives me shivers.