The Chase

• Dedicated to Molly Hayes

Chapter 21: The Chase

His hands slid down to my waist and pulled me closer as our kiss deepened. His lips were softer than Michael’s… Michael! I pulled away from Jordan and looked him in the eye. “I, I can’t do this Jordan… Michael is my B-o-y-f-r-i-e-n-d, I can’t do this to him, I can’t Jordan, no.” I said, my voice cracking a bit. His face was expressionless as we stood there staring at each other. In a split second, he smashed his lips against mine again. I tried not to kiss him back but his lips were… distracting. Damn, this guy really knows how to kiss! Crap, pull yourself together girl! I tried to pull away from him but instead he pushed me into the wall of the van. This kiss wasn’t as ‘polite’ as the first one; it was like he was hungry or something? I really didn’t know what to think at the moment, I wanted to stop but he wouldn’t let go of me. I tried to push him away again and he actually stepped back. I was breathless and felt so angry with myself. Why was I kissing Jordan! I love Michael! M-I-C-H-A-E-L!! I shoved him onto the ground with as much force that I could muster and then started to cry into my legs. “I HATE YOU! I JUST CHEATED ON MY BOYFRIEND BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU, YOU EVIL, SELFISH IDIOT!” I screamed while punching my fists into the side of the van. After 10 minutes of me punching the van’s wall and occasionally breaking down crying, I started to calm down and I reminded myself that Jordan was still there. He was silent the whole time and didn’t try to help me because he knew I needed to just have some alone time. I turned around to see Jordan standing up and walking over to where I was crouched down sobbing into myself. I didn’t know what he felt or what he was going to do but I swear if he sat next to me and started to tell me that I should break up with Michael, I will knock him out in one blow to the head. He came over and sat next to me, keeping his distance (that’s the most wisest thing to do at this point in time, for him.) and sighed. I looked up to see Jordan looking straight ahead and running a hand through his long, dark brown hair. It looked like he wanted to say something but was searching to find the right words to say it. Hopefully (for his sake), he chooses the right ones or he’s getting thrown out that window. I’m a pretty aggressive chick, if you have not realised as yet. He turned to me and lifted my chin up so that I was facing him and not allowing me to move from his eyes. “I’m sorry, I didn’t think this would have that big an effect on you… I just really like you and, I just I don’t know why I did that. I just think you’re really pretty…” He said. “AGH, I HATE YOU! JUST LEAVE ME AND SEND SOMEONE ELSE TO LOOK AFTER ME! GO AWAY!” I cried out constantly hitting him in the chest. He didn’t flinch the whole time. I got up and kicked open the van’s back doors. I sprinted out and ran into the bushes as fast as I could. What am I thinking? OMG. There gonna come looking for me after a while for whatever reason they were keeping me here. As I ran, I heard Jordan screaming behind me, urging me to stop, but I didn’t stop, I would never stop. I hate him… I stooped behind a tree because I wanted to take a breather and examine myself. I looked at my feet and ankles first. My ankles and shins were scratched and bruised. Blood was trickling down my legs and arms. I didn’t have any First-Aid training or anything medical in my possession so I didn’t know what to do. I ripped off the lower part of my shirt and wrapped it around the wounds with the best of my ability. My top was now a midriff top; I hate wearing these types of clothes, especially in public. I looked over my shoulder to find Jordan 25 metres away from and approaching fast. “Wait! Please don’t go! I’ll be killed for letting you out, especially for kissing a captive! Please…” He shrieked out to me. The sympathy card is not going to work on me, mate. Grrrr, now I sound like a god for saken Aussie… The cool breeze hit my face in an instant as I started to run away from Jordan. He had a point about being punished for letting me escape but he deserved it. He PERFECTLY knew I have Michael, yet he kissed me ON THE LIPS! And the worst part is that… I kissed him back. I turned back to see that Jordan had mysteriously disappeared from my view. “Michael! OMG”. I screamed, Michael was in front of me, holding my arms, steading myself. I can’t believe that they had only taken me a couple of miles away from my school… stupid kidnappers these days. Michael looked worried and relieved to see me, I wonder if he was looking for me instead of going to school. “What are you running from?” He asked in a serious tone (which surprised me a little). “Oh, well I got kidnapped by these guys and there was this one guy who had to look after me and make sure I didn’t escape, obviously I did manage to escape, and then he was chasing me; begging me to come back so he doesn’t get killed and stuff and Michael… he also kis-“ I rambled on and on until he pushed me aside and ran into the forest thingy. I tried to keep up with him but he was a pretty fast runner and I lost him soon after he disappeared. I kept on running aimlessly around the place trying to find any clues showing me where Michael had gone. I heard a gunshot and a guy scream in the distance. “MICHAEL!” I screamed, hoping it wasn’t him who got shot. I ran in the direction of the commotion as quickly as I could. The only thing I found was… Michaels hat. “Michael? Where are you...” I whispered to myself. Oh No!