I want to know!!!

Chapter 16:

“She’s awake Michael.” I have never heard that voice before. It was calm and had no expression at all. It made my skin crawl. I heard footsteps sprinting to the room I was in. I tried to open my eyes but it felt like they were glued shut. I tried to raise my head but it felt like it was tied to the bed. I was paralyzed. “What’s ha, happ, happening?” I heard crying from one side of the room. I think it was Michael. I don’t know but I wanted to find out. “Michael, are you there?” I felt someone entwine my hand in his or hers. “Yes baby, it’s Michael, I thought you weren’t going to wake up.” His voice sounded cracked, he sounded exhausted. I felt sorry for him at this moment. I didn’t know what had happened; all I remember is falling on the ground and hearing a voice yelling for help. “Of course I was,” I smirked, “It’s me were talking about.” I could feel that he was smiling at me. I want to open my eyes. I want to sit up. I want to get answers but I knew none of that was going to happen right now. I think I fell asleep because when I woke up I could open my eyes and see where I was. Alleluia! Michael was asleep in an armchair next to me while a woman was sitting in the corner of the room sleeping as well. The room had white walls and was very bare. The only bits of furniture were the two armchairs, the bed I was sitting on and a TV hanging in the top corner of the room. I didn’t know if this was a hospital room or a room in someone’s home. I don’t know anything right now. I tried moving my legs to the side of my bed but Michael’s hand shot up from the armchair and held my ankles down on the mattress. “No. Don’t move. You need to rest.” He said with utter seriousness in his voice. I sighed and moved back to the position I had just held. “What are you doing here? Where am I?” I ask. Michael sighs and glances back at the door. “When you hung up I could tell something was wrong because of your voice. So I tracked you phone signal and found you just when you were attacked. I came too late. I am hopeless.” He finished with his head in his hands. I didn’t know what to say or do for him. He was beating himself up for something that had nothing to do with him. Heck! I didn’t even know why the ghost was there in the first place. I needed to find out something but I didn’t want to ask him now. He was to torn and ashamed right now. I glanced back at Michael’s figure next to me. He looked pale and like he hasn't slept for 2 days. I wonder how long I was asleep for? I didn’t really care that much. I was just trying to distract my mind from the question floating inside of my head. I didn't know what to do. Michael was broken beside me. I didn’t know the woman in the corner of the room. I didn’t know where my Mum was or if she knew what had happened. What happened while I was asleep? What did Michael do? Did he tell anyone? Many questions flooded my mind. I couldn’t think properly. I shook my head and got out of my bed. Michael was weary but I reassured him I was all right. I slowly dawdled over to the two-pane window opposite my bed. The sunlight drowned the room as I lifted the blinds up. The surroundings were unknown. I had no idea where I was and I wanted to find a way out. The sun gave me the warmth that I needed as I stood there wishing I knew more. I turned around to see Michael sitting on the end of my bed fiddling around with his fingers. I slowly walked over to him and sat down. “Michael, have you told my mum about what had happened?” He looked me in the eyes, sincere sadness took over him. “No I didn’t because you’re always saying how you don’t want your mum to know about your power and all, I wanted to wait for you to wake up.” He looked ashamed of himself as he finished his sentence. “Please don’t be sad. I would still be lying half conscious on the side of the street if you hadn’t been there.” I spoke with the utter most truth I could muster right then. I felt weak. I felt tired. I felt abandoned. I just don’t know what to feel right now….