Wait... what?

Chapter 18: Wait… what?

I looked at Michael as she grinned at me with a wicked smile. I couldn’t believe what I had just heard. Did she just say sister? No. That can’t be. Michael has never said anything about having siblings; as a matter of fact he hasn’t said anything about his family to me. I wonder why? Doesn’t he want me to know? Does he trust me? Nah. That’s just me jumping to conclusions, again. I’ve been doing that lately. Actually, a lot of the things I have done lately haven’t been ‘normal’ for me. Anyway, this isn't about me right now. Michael’s face was as solid as a rock. He stared deeply into his sister’s eyes clearly with hatred and disgust. “You. Are. Not. My. Sister. I hate you for what you did to me. GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!” He spat at her. She seemed taken aback from his sudden outburst but obeyed. As she walked away she leaned in and whispered in my ear. “If you hurt him or even THINK about hurting him. I will find you.” She said it all to fast so I just got, “…. You hurt him…find you…” My breath caught in my throat at the iciness in her voice as she hissed at me. I watched closely as she started to walk away from me and as I turned to face Michael, I felt a sharp pain in the side of my ribs. I fell onto the side of the car as another roundhouse kick came to my ribs. I turned to see Michael’s sister glaring at me with her fists up. My ribcage was burning and it felt like a couple of my ribs were broken! As she was catching her breath and regaining her balance, I swung my fist at her face, resulting in her front two teeth being knocked out and her cheek bleeding. OMG! Did not mean to do that! But she did kick me TWICE in the ribs! She deserved it. I could barely see her because of the blood pouring down her face and her long black hair tangled in her face. She swore and then swung her fist, aiming at my jaw. I dodged it (but only slightly) and then kicked her in the shins. She buckled onto the floor and swore very loudly, not particularly aiming at me, I think? Before she could take another swing at me, Michael stepped in and grabbed her sister by the arm and flung her onto the ground. “DON’T YOU DARE LET ME SEE YOU AGAIN OR I SWEAR I WILL KILL YOU! NO ONE HURTS HER, ESPECIALLY MY OWN SISTER!!” Michael spat in her face. She looked shocked but she got up none-the-less, spat blood on the floor and swaggered out of view. After both of us were sure she was gone he came, picked me up and carried me into the sick bay. The nurse looked at me questionably but Michael insisted that I be cleaned up as fast as she could. I looked at Michael (well, as much as I could because my eye was swelling up…) but he just sat on the armchair with his face in his hands. The nurse stayed silent the whole time and all you could hear was Michael’s deep breathing echoing around the room. After I was sort of cleaned up, we both got up in a hurry and I started to head for my locker. I could hear Michael’s footsteps trailing behind me. “Please don't follow me, I can’t talk to you right now….” I whispered to my feet, my back to him, not being able to look at his face. “Please listen to me, I didn’t know you wanted to know about my family life. I didn't think you would want to know about my childhood. I didn’t think you cared about that.” Michael slowly spoke those words, aiming them right at me. I spun around and glared at him. “YOU'RE MY BOYFRIEND! AREN’T YOU SUPPOSED TO TRUST YOUR GIRLFRIENDS! ISN’T THAT OUR JOB?” My sudden outburst definitely shocked him because he stepped back and looked at me with a face of concern and fright. I looked down at my shoes, completely regretting what I had just said. “I, I’m sorry Michael… I just feel a bit confused right now…”I whispered slowly. I haven’t ever blown up like that before because I was afraid. Now that’s an understatement, I was terrified! I turned around and walked away from him, leaving him there, leaving my life there. Why did this affect me so much? Well, I guess I will be seeing more of her sooner or later…