The guy named Jordan

Chapter 20: The guy named Jordan

The whole ‘trip’ was bumpy and uncomfortable. They had thrown me into the back of the truck (well, I was assuming it was a truck,) and bound my wrists and ankles together, painfully tight. The blindfold was itching my, now dirty, face as I squirmed around on the cold, metal floor of the vehicle. The blindfold had FINALLY fallen off my face and now was dangling from my neck. Oh and may I add that they had also attached a large strip of duct tape to my mouth to stop me from yelling out for help. I writhed and screamed as the truck was coming to a halt. The doors flung open presenting a tall, brown-haired (sort of handsome…) boy. His face was smooth and flawless (was NOT expecting that!) and through his eyes he showed a mixture of sorrow and anxiety towards me. He could tell I was alarmed and intimidated by how stiff I was so he removed my bindings and finally pulled my blindfold off my neck. My wrists were chaffed and ripped. As I rubbed them, I could feel his gaze on me. I looked up and then confirmed my theory.  His deep, brown eyes stared intently into mine as I stood up and started to exit through the open doors when he grabbed my wrist and turned me around. My breathing was heavy as I stared at his face. I glanced down at my wrist indicating that it was ‘ok’ to let go of my wrist, he obeyed thankfully. “You need to stay in here…” He said shakily, looking down at his feet. “What? Why?” I said to him. I was completely annoyed at the moment and didn't need some guy to boss me around now. “My boss said to keep you here and I don’t know why, sorry…” He said it with complete sincerity so I backed up and sat 1metre away from him. After 5 minutes or so, It started to be awkward so I decided to speak up. “So, what is your name?” It wasn’t good but it would start a conversation, hopefully. He looked up at me, surprised probably because of me wanting to talk to him all of a sudden. “Williams, Jordan Williams…” He said shyly. It seems like he has never talked to a chick before! “Oh, well, hi Jordan!” I said with a cheery voice. He seemed pretty sad so I just wanted to cheer him up. I’m good at doing that. “Do you have a name or do I just call you girl?” He silently laughed to himself and I laughed along with him. “I do but I don’t know you yet so I’m just gonna say, you can call me R man… It's my stupid nickname at school…” I said rather shyly because I didn’t want him knowing my name. For all I know he could be sent here to kill me or try to get information from me! “Haha, ok.” He said. We had a short silence when he asked me something that I was NOT expecting. “Do you have a boyfriend?” I looked at him with a look of confusion and shock. His innocent face was beaming with hope and expectation. “Ummm, yeah I do. His name’s Michael and I was on my way to sort out a fight we had last night but YOU guys kidnapped me instead!” When I said this, his face immediately drooped to a rather depressed-looking face. “Why do you ask, Jordan?” I asked him, wanting to find an answer quickly. “Ummm, just, just your really pretty and all..” He stuttered slightly to himself. A blush was starting to stain his cheeks. I didn’t know what to say… I have never had a compliment from a complete stranger, especially a stranger that was a guy that I had only just met! “Thank you Jordan for the compliment but I do have a boyfriend and we can’t be together because we only just met. You're a really nice guy but I don’t think it would be wise if we were just friends or something?” I searched his face for some kind of understanding but I could only see disappointment and a panicky expression on his face. What was I meant to do? I just hurt the feelings of this guy that thought I was beautiful and I couldn’t leave him or this place. How stupid am I, agh? I tried to avoid Jordan’s gaze but I couldn’t. He wouldn’t stop looking at me. I had had enough of this. Jesus dude, I only just met you for crying out loud! I decided to speak out but when I turned around I couldn’t speak… Jordan was right in front of me, our noses nearly touching. Before I could say anything or push him away, He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and then gently placed his lips on mine. I didn’t know what to do so I did the only thing that came to my mind.

I kissed him back…