Chapter Sixteen

Allison's POV:

I walked up the beach in search of Niall. what was i going to say? what if he doesn't love me? what if he never did?

i saw a silhouette of someone sitting about ten feet from the water on the sand.

"Niall?" i called.

"Allison? is that you? what are you doing out here?" he asked, standing up.

"I... I um..." i couldn't find the words. Niall walked over to me, and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"what is it?" he asked softly, looking into my eyes.

"wait, where's Tammy?" i asked, changing the subject.

"she's at home. I dropped her off. I'm really sorry about her, i should have stood up for you. i was never really interested in her. i just didn't want to be the only one there without a date." he said, his hands dropping from my shoulders.

"oh." i breathed.

"is that it? i mean, i know she was a jerk, but did you really come out here just to rub it in my face that i cant find a girl?" he said, a sudden venom in his voice.

"what? i didn't rub it in your face! what are you talking about?" i said.

"oh whatever! you didn't have to ask where she was then. just because i couldn't find anyone better." he yelled.

"you know what, she WAS an ass!" i yelled back, defiant.

"oh, miss perfect said a bad word!" he taunted.

"excuse me? miss perfect?" i asked.

"yeah. miss perfect. you always have to be right, you always have to be the best." he said.

"well, I'm sorry for trying my best! and i don't have to be right!" i defended.

"there you go again, saying sorry. you have to be the bigger person in an argument, don't you?" he said coldly.

"you know what? i am sorry. I'm sorry i met you. I'm sorry i came out here to talk to you. but you know what I'm really sorry for? I'm really fucking sorry that i came out here because I'm falling for you!" i screeched.

we both froze, and i realized what i had just said. i turned around, and ran for dear life.

"Allison!" i heard him call, but i kept running. i cant believe i just said that... I'm such an idiot...

i felt someone grab my wrist and spin me around. i stared at Niall for a second, before his lips crashed into mine, causing me to fall backwards onto the sand, him laying on top of me.

but he didn't stop kissing me. instead, he repositioned himself over me, his lips pressed urgently to mine, sparks flying everywhere. my arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer. his tongue slid along my bottom lip, and i opened my mouth to it. his tongue glided along mine, and we fought for dominance, which he won.

when we needed oxygen, he trailed his lips down my jaw to my neck, sucking roughly at my sweet spot. i moaned, and pulled his lips back to mine. my fingers tugged at his hair, and he groaned, flipping us over so i was on top. i straddled him, and bit down on his bottom lip, releasing it slowly. he groaned again, his hands pushing our hips together. i smirked, and ran my tongue along his neck, grinding my hips into his.

"Allison... stop..." he moaned, pulling me closer still. i ignored him, all my anger and frustration coming out.

suddenly he flipped us back over, bending over me,  his eyes dark with lust.

"baby, you cant do that. i wont be able to help myself." he said huskily, brushing his lips lightly over my collar bone, causing me to shiver.

"Allison. i want to ask you something." he said. i looked him in the eye, waiting for him to continue.

"Allison Clarke, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

is my heart beating anymore? i think i forgot to breathe... what do i say? wait, what about zayn? we just broke up....

"Niall... i just broke up with zayn, i don't want to hurt his feelings." i whispered.

"well... we could keep it a secret? make sure they don't find out until we know he's over it? he's my best friend.. i don't want to see him hurt." he said quietly.

"that sounds okay..." i say.

"so, what do you say? be my secret girlfriend?" Niall asks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Niall Horan, i would love to be your secret girlfriend." i answer, giggling.

then I'm not on the ground anymore. Niall picks me up, twirling me around in circles.

"Niall! quit! put me down!" i laugh.

"you're right, we should get back." he says, taking my hand. we walk to the beach house, hand in hand. just before we walk up the steps, he kisses me, short and sweet.

"who knows when i can do that again." he whispers sadly. i peck his lips again, and his mouth twists up into a smile again.

"come on." i whisper, walking into the house.

"HARRY STYLES, YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE!" i hear Emma scream. wait, what?

she stomps down the stairs, fuming. uh oh.

i grab her hand, pulling her into the other room.

"what happened?" i asked.

"harry thought i was cheating on him." she said angrily.

"whole story, Emms." i say.

"so, i was at Starbucks, right? and this guy comes up, and tries to flirt with me. i shoot down his efforts, but he hands me his number. apparently, harry saw me take his number, but didn't see me throw it away five minutes later." she said.

"Emma, i know you're mad at him for not trusting you, but this is just a small disagreement. a misunderstanding. harry is just... protective. you know that." i say gently.

"yeah... you're right. but I'm still giving him the cold shoulder tonight." she said. i sighed, and nodded. there was no talking her out of that.

i just hope harry doesn't do anything stupid...

Then again, he is Harry....

********************************************************************************************

sorry, it was a short, sucky chapter. but there was some major NIALLISON action there! :) sorry allisayn shippers, it had to happen. and to all the Hemma shippers... you better get some tissues ready... but i wont say why cuz i mean like that >:D

love you ducklings!   -Mo