Chapter Eight

Allison's POV:

we grabbed some blankets and pillows and laid them out on the living room floor of the flat. we all got situated, me and zayn on the couch, Louis and Liam in chairs, and Harry and Emma cuddled up on the floor. am i seeing a couple forming there?

zayn held me in his arms, and we lay down on the couch, him behind me, his head resting on my shoulder. i felt so safe here, wrapped in his warm embrace.

Liam insisted on watching toy story, and i was fine with it. i love Disney movies, and they always help me feel better. they made some popcorn to munch on, and played the movie.

about an hour into the movie, i felt the need to play a piano. i haven't in days, and it's my only true escape from the world. but where would i get a piano?

"zayn?" i whisper.

"yes love?" he says brushing some hair behind my ear.

"can we go get some fresh air?" i say, not wanting to disturb the others. zayn nods, and we head out onto the balcony of the flat.

"what's up? are you feeling alright?" he asks, concern clear in his voice. i shake my head.

"i'm fine, but i was wondering, do you guys know of a piano i could play somewhere around here?" i ask, suddenly nervous. not many people know i play.

"yeah, in the basement there's a recording studio and i think it has a piano." he says. wow, there's a recording studio in the basement? cool.

"do you think i could go down and play for a bit?" i ask.

"sure, we could go together. we watch toy story all the time anyway." he says, taking my hand and leading me back inside.

"hey we're going down to the recording studio for a bit, we'll see you later." zayn says, heading for the door. everyone mumbles goodbye, not really paying attention.

we head down into the basement, and zayn opens a door into the soundproof recording studio. it's amazing, there are all sorts of instruments. then i spot the piano.

its a big white grand piano, like the pianos you see the famous pianists play. it's absolutely gorgeous.

i run over, and sit down on the bench. i run my fingers lightly over the keys, so cold and smooth beneath my fingers.

i press down on one, satisfied with the perfect plink noise that followed.

"do you know any of our songs?" zayn asked. i jumped, forgetting he was even here.

"yeah, i know most of them actually. do you have the sheet music for them?" i ask.

"yeah, let me go get it." he says, and heads over to a desk in the corner.

******************************************************************************************************

Zayn's POV:

i grabbed the piano sheet music to our songs out of the drawer. Louis plays a bit of piano, so we have our songs in that format as well as others.

i set them on the piano in front of her.

"can you play change my mind?" i ask. she nods, and finds the sheet music.

i don't know what i was expecting, but i know i wasn't expecting her to be this good.

she played the intro, her fingers dancing gracefully over the keys. i stopped her before she continued.

"can i sing along?" i ask. she nods, and begins the intro again. it's so beautiful, i almost forget to sing. almost.