Chapter Ten

Zayn's POV:

we stared deeply into each other's eyes for a moment, before she pressed her lips lightly to mine.

whoa! where did this come from? i mean, i know i liked her but, she has feelings for me too? YEAH! WOO-HOO! wait, she's kissing you, and you're wasting your time thinking? shut up brain! just kiss her back!

i felt butterflies swarm inside me, but there weren't as many sparks as i expected... hey, that'll come in time, right?

but then she was pulling away, much to my disappointment.

"wow. where did that come from?" i breathed.

"i don't really know..." she stuttered.

"Allison, i don't know if you realize this, but i really like you. i know you have been through a lot when it comes to relationships, and i don't really expect you to open you heart to me. but maybe we could go get some lunch sometime? catch a movie?" i said, quickly, my nerves taking over.

she placed her hand over mine comfortingly.

"sounds great, zayn." she said, smiling warmly.

YES! SHE SAID YES! oh yeah! i jumped up, unable to control my excitement, and danced around the room. then i noticed ally looking at me like i had two heads. i pulled her up, and around the room with me dancing like a crazy person. she giggled, oh how i love that giggle, and danced with me.

suddenly, the door opened, and there stood the last person i wanted to see us like this.

"oh... hey niall..." i say awkwardly, dropping Allison's hands, unable to meet his gaze.

"erm, I'm heading for the airport now, just wanted to say goodbye." he said. i ran over to him and crushed him in a big bear hug.

"I'll miss you, little leprechaun, see you in a few weeks!" i said, pulling away.

"bye niall." Allison said quietly.

"bye." he said to both of us, before walking back down the stairs. i turned to Allison.

'awkward' i mouthed, and she nodded, giggling. did i mention how much i love her giggle?

************************************************************************************************

Allison's POV:

i think i like zayn. i felt butterflies when i kissed him, and even some sparks this time. and i know he would treat me right. maybe i should give him a chance...

we loaded our bags into the car. it's been 3 days since Niall left, and we were all headed to the airport. the boys upgraded us to a first class flight, and we were headed out to Miami today.

we all piled in the car, and Louis cranked up the radio. we all belted the lyrics to party in the USA, Dynamite, and What makes you beautiful, yes, what makes you beautiful. the boys found it hilarious too. then the one song i am comfortable singing came on the radio. Safe and Sound, by Taylor swift.

Emma hushed the boys, knowing that i would sing this song. i wasn't too terrible at it.

I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said I'd never let you go,

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said 'don't leave me here alone'

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window

Darlin' everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold onto this lullaby

Even when the music's gone

Gone--

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Ooh, ooh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,

Just close your eyes

You'll be alright

Come morning light,

You and I'll be safe and sound

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh,

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh,

Ooh, ooh, ooh

Oohhh.

i finished, and my eyes snapped open. everyone in the car had their mouths open, gaping at me. was i that bad? i blushed and looked down.

"that was..."

"AMAZING!" Zayn and Harry interrupted Liam.

everyone in the car nodded.

"no, it wasn't, I'm a horrible singer." i stammer.

"are you kidding? if you had just a little voice training, you could sing to a piano easily. your voice matches your instrument." harry said. i just blushed harder, and kept my eyes glued to the floor. the car came to an abrupt halt outside the airport. we made our way through security and paparazzi, to the place where our plane was already boarding.

i took my seat beside zayn, next to the window. as the plane took off, i watched Ireland disappear beneath me. i couldn't help but think how different my life would be if i hadn't come here.

i leaned my head on Zayn's shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around me. as i drifted off, i heard him quietly humming the tune to Safe and Sound.

************************************************************************************************

sorry this chapter sucked so badly. it is such a filler... oh well. and no hate to Taylor swift okay? she is one of my singing idols. i love country music, and she is a great country singer. her pop music is okay too. and just because she dated harry, and wrote a song about him doesn't mean she is a bad person. her feelings come out in her music. i respect that, because mine do too. did i mention i may write songs a little? you might just see one later on... DUN DUN DUUUN! so I'll have the next chapter up ASAP, Lots of love to my little ducklings! -Mo