Eighteen; Awkward

Warning: on train with small phone. You get the deal

Louis had found out about Cara, in one of the most awkward situations ever. He had walked in on us while snogging. It wasn't passionate and it wasn't exactly thrilling either but we were into it when Louis barged through the door of my bedroom on a Wednesday afternoon, wanting to surprise me.

Well, he definitely had. Cara as well. Though she was unfazed soon afterwards giving me a kiss on the cheek, leaving me and Louis to the ultimate awkwardness. I still remember the way Louis' eyes were widened and his fingers sprawled apart in a strange position that definitely did not seem normal.

I had chewed on my lip with nerves. I didn't know what he was going to say. I didn't know how he would react to me sniffing with a girl he has never even heard about.

This moment was most likely proof that we loved each other before we even knew it. Any other two guys wouldn't even be fazed by this situation. They would probably laugh and fist bump each other or something like that. Not stare awkwardly with wide eyes at the other.

We were silent.

Well, looking back, Louis and I were silent a it of the times we were together. Maybe hats true love. You don't have to talk to the person to communicate. You don't have to send letters or check emails constantly or worry about a text back. You don't have to do any of that. Because you knew they loved you. And that you loved them back.

But this silence wasn't one of those silences. This was an awkward one where neither of us knew what to say.

At one point, Louis had sat on my bed. Not close to me. Well, to be totally honest, he was but to me, he was too far.

At another point, my mum called us down to dinner.

And at another point in this awkward afternoon, Louis spoke.

"Girlfriend?"

"Yeah."

"Nice."

"Yup."