Six; Football

After that first time we hung out, everything became natural. We texted as often as we could and started a new tradition of hanging out every Friday to watch movies and eat complete junk. We didn't see each other as often in school as either of us had hoped but we made it work. We were great friends. Not best friends, but good ones.

But that all seemed to crash down on me when a few, simple words came crashing out of his perfect mouth.

"I'm going to join the football team."

"W...What?"

The football team has been bullying me since the day I started in the upper school. To have Louis join them would be horrific, considering he was one of the closet friends I had.

"What's wrong with it?" he asked me. I had looked at him with distaste. Well, not him. But at what he said. There's a difference for I never looked at Louis with any negative attitude towards him. He was my sunshine.

"Well...the boys bully me."

"I won't."

"But...you know what. Never mind me. Join." I said, brushing it off. I wanted Louis to be happy and if joining the football team would make him happy, then so be it.

"Terrific! The tryouts are tomorrow! Will...um, you come watch, perhaps?" he asked me. I looked at him nervously but then sighed, because I saw his eyes, and then obliged.

So the next day, I was sitting on the metal bleachers, next to a whole bunch of girls talking and gazing at their boyfriends, cheering on Louis...kind of. I wasn't exactly cheering on him. I was just sitting there, looking at him, with my blank expression. Yes, I was happy and excited for him. But I hated my situation and position.

I was the only boy on the whole field that wasn't on the actual field. Worse, I was sitting next to a bunch of girls that were cheering on their boyfriends. I didn't think I would ever be gay or for that matter, gay for Louis. So, it was quite an awkward moment.

However, I stayed seated on those metal bleachers and watched Louis play. I don't know much about football, so I honestly cannot recall exactly what he did on the field that day. What I do know i that he looked amazing and flawless and completely, breathtakingly perfect. 

Of course, I hadn't admitted this to myself or anyone else at the time, but I knew it. In the back of my heart, I was already falling for Louis Tomlinson.