Chapter 32

"Come on, come on." I whispered to myself as I bounced around the bathroom. Out of paranoia, I looked around the empty bathroom then poked my head into the bedroom searching for something in the nothing that surrounded me. Well almost nothing; Sasha was lying at the end of the bed asleep.

Orion wouldn't be home for another ten minutes, not that he has been saying much to me lately. He has been all work and no play. For the last few days he has gone to work, comes home to work in the office, eats in the office, comes to bed after I do, and his side of the bed is neatly made up before I even wake. And it's all repeated the next day. 

He barely comes out of his office and if I try to make any conversation all I get in return are grunts and an 'I'm busy, Raegan'. I should talk to Paul and see if he knows anything about what's going on with Orion. Something must have happened at work but with us not talking as much right now, I would have no idea.

"Ugh!" I dropped the small plastic on the counter and stormed out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, slamming the door behind me. Inside the bathroom it felt like the walls were closing in on me, suffocating me in the tension and my own impatience. But even that was better than this.

The moment I stepped out into the bedroom, I felt alone and empty. The room around me was dark and cold. The only inviting thing was the bed to cover up in and even that looked like it was going to swallow me. Maybe that wouldn't be so bad...

I was alone, in this big empty house full of things that weren't mine and never should have been. What was I even doing here? This isn't my home, this isn't my world, I shouldn't be here-

"Stop!" I yelled to myself. Sasha lifted her head and looked up at me like I was crazy. Maybe I was. "Dammit Raegan, get a hold of yourself." I rubbed my face and stopped pacing around the room. I was going to go crazy. I didn't sleep last night from tossing and turning. I was only a few days late. Four days is nothing to worry about. I've been late before. What was driving me insane, was that I'm too afraid to tell Orion that I'm late, so it's just my secret to carry. More and more secrets every day.

When I finally gave up on trying to sleep late this morning, I went downstairs to forage for breakfast. Orion had already left for work by then, without so much as a good bye, so I was all alone. Thank god, or he would have seen me run to the bathroom to heave up the scrambled eggs I had made for myself.

I should have known. But that stupid doctor! He did a pregnancy test, he told me I wasn't pregnant and that I should be starting my period any day now. If it turns out that I am pregnant, the first order of business is to find a new OBGYN because Dr. F is sooo fired. If it turns out that I'm not pregnant, I'm going to need a very strong drink.

I took a deep shaky breath and marched back into the bathroom. My hands trembled as I picked up the early detection test to read it. I heard the front door slam and nearly dropped the taunting plastic on the floor. My heart was racing and I felt like I was going to throw up again. I heard his footsteps up the stairs and scrambled around the bathroom to hide the test. I couldn't tell him yet; this wasn't the way for us to find out. No matter the results I should take another test to be sure. He didn't need this kind of pressure right now anyways. I shoved the stick into my back pocket and tried to put on a neutral face, even though I looked pale and sweaty.

I walked out of the bathroom just as Orion stepped through the bedroom door. He stopped in his tracks the moment his eyes landed on me. God I missed him. I wanted to run into his arms and hug him and tell him how glad I was that he was home. But neither of us said anything. He was like a deer caught in the headlights. Both of us standing frozen.

"H-hi, how was work?" I asked to break the strange silence. A weird emotion flashed across his perfect features but it was gone before I could even blink.

Strip Teaseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें