Chapter 24

"Fuck," I mutter and look back at our table quickly, making sure we haven't brought attention to our conversations. "Go to the car, stay there I will be there in ten minutes." I fish the keys to Orion's SUV out of my purse and hand them to her. She nods her head and turns around but runs right into someone. 

"I'm so sorry- oh, Oliver." She laughs nervously. I squeeze my eyes shut and wish for him to disappear. He doesn't. 

"Is everything okay?" He asks, still holding Lucy's arms so she doesn't fall over.

"Yeah, it's-" I start but Lucy interrupts me.

"No actually." She looks back at me and shrugs. "There is someone here I don't particularly want to see. I'm trying to leave but I don't think I will be able to make it out to my car through that crowd. Can you escort me please?" She bats her lashes at him but it doesn't effect him the same way as it normally does for other men. He smiles kindly and nods his head.

"Absolutely. Raegan, are you coming?" He looks over her and into my eyes.

"No, I need to tell Orion we're leaving." He nods and starts leading Lucy down the stairs and to the front door, acting as her body guard with a secure arm around her shoulders.

 I walk back to the men and squat down beside Paul, putting my hand on his shoulder. I don't want to cause a scene and have everyone asking what's going on. Whispering into his ear I tell him, "Lucy went to the car. Turns out Jamie's a regular for her and would recognize her in a heartbeat. Don't worry, I had a friend of mine take her out so she is safe. He will stay with her until you get to her." I pull back and look into his bright blue eyes. He stares back with pain pooling in them and nods his head muttering a thank you before standing up. 

I can't imagine how it would feel for him knowing that one of his best friends went in a few times a week just to see his current girlfriend. If it were Orion, I know he wouldn't be as calm as Paul right now. He would probably do something impulsive like punch Jamie or worse, fire him. 

"Jamie, my man, I need to go. The girlfriend isn't feeling good."

"Alright, tell her I hope she feels better and that I want to meet her one day. Orion, you still up for Temptations tonight?" I bristle at the name and I see Orion wince slightly then look over to me nervously. Was he going to go? I try not to show him how hurt or angry I feel and decide to take a few steps away from the both of them. Paul comes to stand beside me and wraps an arm around me. I know he is trying to be comforting, but I really just don't feel like being touched.

"Sorry bud, I'm their ride." He shrugs looking like he genuinely feels bad. Jamie, Orion and Paul all say a few more words of good bye and we tell him happy birthday before going to the car. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Once we reach outside, Orion asks us what happened and Paul fills him in. I still haven't said anything to Orion about him going to the strip club. Would he want to go when I'm not there? He seemed so disinterested every other time. 

When we reach the car Paul shakes Oliver's hand. "Thank you for taking care of her for me, man. I appreciate it more than you know."

"It really is no problem. Any friends of Rae's are friends of mine. I'm just glad I was in the right place at the right time." He smiles like the nice guy he is to all of us. 

Paul shakes his hand again, and Lucy gives him a goodbye hug. They both get into the back seat of Orion's car. 

"Well, aren't you just a night in shining armor tonight." I comment, smiling shyly. Now I feel bad wanting him to go away earlier when he really saved the day.