Chapter 13

PICTURE OF PAUL AT THE TOP

"Kitty, why don't you go deliver another drink? Any guy here would be happy to get a dance from you, that guy just isn't here for a dance." I rubbed her arms up and down trying to sooth her; luckily she took my advice. She took a drink from Kristy, sending her on her way towards a group of guys that look straight out of a fraternity. Perfect for her self esteem.

"What are you going to do about him? It's weird for him to keep showing up here waiting for you." Kristy spoke quietly as not to attract any close by customers.

"I know. I'll tell him to leave." I walked over to where Orion was sitting and folded my arms across my chest, glaring down at him. His black hair was disheveled and poking out in all different directions. His bright green eyes were shadowed by the dim lights of the club, and he was in a regular pair of jeans and a grey button up shirt. Kitty was right, he was incredibly good looking. When he saw me his eyes grew wide and panicked.

"Don't be mad." He said quickly, seeing the anger written on my face.

"Too late. Why are you here? This is my job. You are scaring the girls. You can't keep showing up here, you are going to get me fired. Don't you understand that? Can't you care about my job for one minute?  You need to leave. Now."

"I was just bored, I was going to go to a bar, but I thought I would come here instead." He grumbled, not exactly apologetic for his behavior. I stare down at him, my eyes only glowering with more hatred. "I'm sorry." It was a weak, empty apology that I didn't believe for one second. 

"If you're bored, go to work or something. You haven't been in two days, I'm sure there is something for you there."

"I don't want to go to work, I wanted to hang out with you but you insisted on coming here." He threw his hands up angrily. Now he was glaring back at me. 

"That's because I work here. I need to work, Orion." I sighed and put my hands on my hips when he rolls his eyes. I have just about had it with his attitude towards my job.  "If you're going to stay, you need to buy a dance."

"Okay, here." He said pulling his wallet from his back pocket. He ruffled through the crisp bills until he found the one he was looking for. He flicked the hundred dollar bill in my direction, still holding it between his fingers. The whole scene made me sick to my stomach, flaunting his money, watching him buy a dance in general. I didn't want to give him a dance because I didn't want him to be here. 

"No. Not from me. If you want to stay, you have to make nice with the other girls too." I said knowing he wouldn't want to do that. Hoping he wouldn't want to do that.

"But I don't want a dance from anyone else. Hell, I don't even want a dance from you. I just want to go back to my house together and watch TV or eat or listen to music together, whatever it is people do when they go on date." He said with a frustrated groan.

"That guy, the one that took you here in the first place. What is his name?" I said pinching the bridge of my nose is exasperation. It wasn't that I was still angry with Orion, it was that he was wearing me down and making me want those things too. I wanted to go home and watch TV and order Chinese food. But I have my own priorities that I wont throw out the window. 

"Paul? Why?" He asked, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"Give me his phone number." I said holding one hand out in front of me and placing the other on my hips. He didn't question me any further, even though I could tell he wanted to, and pulled a pen from the pocket on his shirt. He wrote the phone number on the napkin that came with his water and tucked the pen back into his pocket.