Chapter 17

***QUICK PSA:   I WILL BE CHANGING KEITH'S NAME TO OLIVER. I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF REVISING THE CHAPTERS.   SO IF YOU SEE KEITH IN FUTURE CHAPTERS, I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THAT FAR YET***

You know when you read in those books where the girl kisses the guy and he goes all stiff and takes a moment to realize what's happening and then dives deep into the kiss with her?

This isn't like that.

Orion didn't waste time. It was as if he knew it was coming. The moment my lips landed on his, it was like our whole lives synched into one and he overtook the kiss. One moment my hands are on his face and I'm the one kissing him, the next thing I know one arm is firmly wrapped around my waist and his other hand is tangled deep into my hair.

His tongue slides against my lower lip and I grant him entrance. He explores the inside of my mouth and our tongues clash and slide against each other. He lets out a deep groan and slides his hands down to cup my ass. Picking me up, I instinctively wrap my legs around his waist and he carries me through the threshold and closes the door with his foot.

He goes straight for the bed and tosses me down so I land on the fluffy comforter without a sound. Our breathing is ragged but I ignore it as I grab the back of his neck and pull him down so he is hovering above me. I kiss him again but this time he pulls away. "Raegan we have to stop." I ignore his words and kiss his jaw... "If we don't..." Down his neck... "I wont be able to..." I pull his earlobe between my teeth gently and suck. "Fuck." He growls out and then brings my lips back over to his finally. 

He kisses me deep and hard, the feeling is so carnal and needing. He bring one hand down and runs his calloused fingers over the exposed flesh of my hip and under my t-shirt. I run my fingers down his spine until I reach the hem of his pajama pants, tracing it lightly with my fingernail. He bows his head, resting his forehead on my shoulder as he tries to reign in his heavy breathing. I don't stop kissing him though, I kiss down his neck until I reach his adams apple and I can't help but run my tongue across the scruff on his neck, tasting him. He lets out another deep moan and I smile against his warm skin. The fingers he has on my skin, curl and grip harder as I feel his full weight on me.

And then suddenly he's gone. His hands, his lips, his body. For the second time tonight everything is gone, and not in a good way this time. I open my eyes to look for him but he's already on the other side of the room. His hands are on his head and his fingers are tugging at the ends of his hair and his eyes closed tight. "Are you okay?" I know he was enjoying it so why did he stop?

"You have school in a few hours. You need to sleep. I want this," He said taking a step forward but then stalled, I could see the hesitation even in his eyes. "I want this so bad, but I want it to be at the right time." I nodded my head in understanding but we both stayed quiet for a few minutes.

Without a word I stood up and gave him a peck on the cheek. "Good night Orion." I said but didn't bother hiding my disappointment as I walked to the door to go back to my room but the door wouldn't budge. I didn't have to look up to know that it was Orion once again with his hand on the door keeping it closed. I sighed and turned around but kept my back close to the door and fought the urge to be closer to him.

"Don't leave."

"You just told me you didn't want to do this right now."

"I never said that. I want it now, I want it in an hour I want it tomorrow and I wanted it yesterday. I said I want to wait for another time, a better time, not at 5 in the morning after a shift and before you are going to leave for school. Come to bed with me." I searched his face for any emotion but he stood before me expressionless. He took my hand in his and led me away from the door and towards the bed. He stopped me and put my hands straight up above my head. He took the hem of my shirt and brought it up until I was only in a bra. He sat down and paused. "Do you trust me?"